Clinical Research Coord. I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/29/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the Clinical Research Coordinator I will learn research process and data analysis within trauma health. Participate in ongoing industry sponsored clinical studies involving clinical testing of novel imaging technologies to assess burn wounds and novel antiinfection medication. Participate in other research projects conducted by clinicians in the department. Work will include pediatric patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Collect, input and organize data, review case records for relevant patient data, accurately perform data entry to update database to maintain large data sets.
* Take necessary precautions under HIPAA, confidentiality guidelines, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies to ensure security and confidentiality of patient data.
* Using statistical software, analyze data and prepare reports of research study results, present findings to Principal Investigator.
* Perform literature reviews.
* Assist in, or lead manuscript preparation by collecting data, performing statistical analysis, analyze the results and write the manuscript under the supervision of PI/corresponding author.
* Prepare study-related documents for submission to the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
* Provide information or instruction related to study protocols to interns and research assistants.
* Coordinate and implement collaborative research projects by overseeing the approval and compliance processes and ensuring communications between all parties.
* Participate in research meetings and discussions with the team.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of the clinical research process
* Basic understanding of medical and scientific terminology and statistical analysis
* Computer literacy, some skill in SPSS or similar software and accurate data entry skills
* Careful attention to details
* Ability to follow directions, adhere to protocols and meet deadlines
* Good organizational skills
* Ability to work independently, self-manage and have high degree of motivation
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be a member of a team, able to interact with pediatric patients
* Excellent command of the English language as well as writing skills
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS (if applicable):
BA or BS required in scientific or related field
Some prior research experience preferred
Prudent use of hospital resources and work time
Normal office conditions
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.