Clinical Scribe - Pain Management Clinic 9/20/2017
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Provides care for patients under the direction of the physician in the clinic setting. Works with clients to collect and record important health information data. Incorporates patient education into the plan of care. Works as a part of the physician and nursing team by accompany the practitioner and directly observing patient encounters. At the direction of the practitioner they in real-time accurately document the events and decision-making into the EHR in a manner that results in appropriate medical charting. Scribes also complete clerical activities necessary to assist with processing of physician orders for tests, medications and clinical care.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
3. Active RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) or NRCMA (Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant) Certification
4. Current BCLS certification upon hire & maintained for continued employment
5. Ability to perform POCT, immunizations, and injections
6. Ability to work independently, prioritize and problem solve.
7. Excellent organization skills.
8. Considerable ability to provide superior customer service skills
9. Proficient in Microsoft applications and basic computer skills
10. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to document patient care as dictated by the practitioner including but not limited to; a basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes, signs and symptoms, medications, and ancillary lab and tests.
11. Ability to multi-task and consistently communicate in an effective, professional manner
12. Successful completion of a medical terminology course or one year medical terminology experience in a clinical setting.
13. Computer / typing proficiency
14. Demonstrate an ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy in accordance with governing HIPPA regulations.
15. If the position is responsible for radiologic functions, employee must have receive the radiology certification or training in their Medical Assistant program or receive training validated through radiology competency checklist
1. Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing Program
2. Practical Nurse Licensure
7:00AM - 5:30PM