Cloud Architecture Analyst II 10/9/2017
Quantum Research International Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) is a certified DoD Contractor providing services and products to US/Allied governments and industry in the following main areas: (1) Cyber Security/Intelligence Programs Support; (2) Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR); (3) Space Operations and Control; (4); Warfighter Support and Logistics; (5) Weapon System Analysis; (6) Acquisition Support; (7); Test and Evaluation; and (8) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum s Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation s Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Arlington VA; Hampton Roads, VA; Bel Air MD; Colorado Springs, CO; and Shalimar, FL.
Quantum Research is currently seeking an experienced candidate to serve as an Architecture Analyst, aka Cloud Analyst.
The ideal candidate will support a cloud migration assessment of the existing 313 NGA Activities along with, designing, testing, implementing, and migrating, of each Activity into multiple security level Clouds. This effort will require the analysis of current Activity s architecture and design, and researching effective and efficient cloud technologies that will allow for a minimally invasive transition to the cloud environment without impacting NGA mission capabilities. Specifically, the candidate will analyze, design, evaluate, and plan the Business Architecture & Information Technology Systems Architecture to optimize the enterprise information technology architecture. The candidate will provide technical assistance to agency information technology staff. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Perform a cloud architecture and migration assessment for each NGA Activity eliciting functional, performance, operational, and security requirements
* Identify the appropriate cloud architecture design for each NGA Activity migrating and integrating into the cloud environment and the classifications levels required.
* Identify the appropriate software architecture required to transition the NGA Activities into the cloud environment.
* Develop a data architecture for the migrating Activity, placing priority on separating the data from the application so that the data can be stored in the NGA open data store, be used for intelligence integration, and be accessed by other applications.
* Establish a data conditioning strategy and architecture, including costs, for each data type in the migrating Activity which includes a data conditioning and content management plan.
* Provide a comprehensive approach to cloud security architecture for the migrating Activity that delivers flexible secure methodologies that promote and enable secure implementation and operation throughout the lifecycle of the migrating Activity.
* Provide an architecture migration plan which includes a work breakdown structure, schedule, staffing, system security plan and cost for migrating the Activity into the cloud. The plan shall make full use of agile and DevOps methods for accelerating migration
Bachelor s Degree with five (5) to twelve (12) years experience. Individual should have substantial knowledgeable of the NGA domain as well as experience with DoD or IC architectural frameworks
In depth knowledge of the enterprise, logic, systems, programming, and components as well as a general range of knowledge across the agency business, data, technology, applications and organizational views
Experience with defining the architectural components of a system based on the requirements, including the hardware and software components, component interactions and interfaces
Experience supporting the development of plans and future architectures based on standards and mission requirements, potentially across multiple agencies, with the goal of eliminating capability redundancy and decreasing over all development and sustainment
Candidate must be able to think independently and be self-motivated, with proven organizational skills, ability to multi-task and support varied NGA Cloud migration assignments. Good communication skills are important, with a positive and friendly demeanor.
Current TOP SECRET / SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTED INFORMATION (TS/SCI) clearance required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.