CNA - Full Time - Days - Intermediate Care 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00643-7394
Days (rotating weekends)
OAK HILL: Oak Hill Hospital, part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, is a 280 bed acute care hospital in the community of Brooksville. Our experienced healthcare team is dedicated to diagnosing and treating patients faster than any hospital in the county. We are the area's second largest private employer and offer the only comprehensive heart program in Hernando County. We go out of our way for our patients by offering an expanded ED and these
CENTERS OF EXCELLENCE:
Chest Pain Center with PCI * Heart & Vascular Institute * Orthopedics & Spine Care Center * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Women's Services
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
Assists patients in ambulating.
Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
Performs non sterile dressing changes.
Passes and collects bed pans.
Changes bed linens.
Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
* High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
* Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association REQUIRED.
* Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
* Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant REQUIRED.
* Previous hospital experience is preferred.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology REQUIRED .
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Last Edited: 11/17/2017