CNC Machinist (Weekend Shift) 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CNC Machinist (Weekend Shift)
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and computer numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
* Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
* Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and references points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
* Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes.
* Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
* Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
* Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
* Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
* Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
* Collects SPC data according to the control plan attached to the work order.
* Makes any adjustments necessary to maintain quality parts within control limits for SPC.
* Performs other duties and assignments as directed.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms
* Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch
* Must be able to communicate effectively
* Must be able to frequently lift from 1 - 50 pounds.
* Working conditions are: 100% manufacturing environment.
* Noise level is usually moderate.
* Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.
* Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
* Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
* Fully enclosed shoes, leather construction, must be worn in all manufacturing areas.
* General Hazardous waste work clause . Employee is responsible for placing hazardous waste in the proper container, ensuring the containers are kept closed when not in use, and report any spills immediately.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
* Strong mechanical aptitude desired
* Basic computer knowledge and skills
* Ability to operate a forklift
* Ability to operate an overhead crane and hoist
* Ability to use measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, height gage, scales, and micrometers
* Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
* Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
* Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
* High school diploma; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Math skills: decimals, percentages, fractions, ratios, proportions; geometry and trigonometry is a plus
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars
* Basic computer knowledge and skills