Co-op Engineering Intern 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for energy efficiency, performance, and reliability. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service, and parts offices.
Headquartered in Plymouth, MN, Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers, and Intelligent Equipment set new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also, our extensive water source heat pump and applied technologies, aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Daikin Applied offers outstanding opportunities for people who are seeking challenging and rewarding positions. Our success hinges upon our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people. If you are seeking job satisfaction and the feeling of pride that comes with working for an industry global leader, we welcome you to apply for positions with us.Co-op Engineering Internship
Our Co-op Engineering Internships are 3 rotations that coincide with the semesters of an academic year: 12 weeks in the summer and 16 weeks in either the Fall or Spring. Co-op students will work in a separate department for each rotation to give the student a better visibility to the multiple functional areas within the company. In each rotation the student will typically work on 1 large capstone project as well as smaller supporting projects that will directly impact Daikin Applied's business. Some rotations may be structured with multiple projects that are more reflective of a fast paced and rapidly changing role (product engineering, warranty, etc.). Co-op students will have the opportunity to review the available engineering projects and force rank their choices prior to each rotation. Students will work on projects across a variety of engineering areas. Some examples include:
* Design & development
* Testing -- Technical Test Lab
* Product Marketing
* Controls & Intelligent Equipment
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, prefer students with a 3.5 or better
- Undergraduate student (completed sophomore level or higher)
- Successfully completed Thermodynamics I or similar course work
- Successful record in academics and a diverse range of extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g., OPT, H1B status)
- Prior Engineering internship experience ideal
- Experience with Solidworks or related CAD software is a plus
- Experience with Electrical Schematics is a plus
- Programming experience (Object Oriented, VBA) is a plus
- Experience with ANSYS, Star CCM+, or related FEA/CFD software is a plus
- Experience with MATLAB is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.