COLD FORM OPERATOR 9/20/2017
BLUE RIDGE METALS CORP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY KEY RESPONSIBILITES:
* Selects, installs and aligns dies, cutting tools, guides and stops to setup machine.
* Sets controls to synchronize machine actions for various operations on work piece in specified sequence.
* Positions coils of steel wire on payoff roller and feeds it through straightening rolls into feed mechanism.
* Adjusts settings of dies on controls as required to produce product within specified tolerances and meeting quality standards.
* Starts machine to begin production and observes machine operations for evidence of malfunction and product defects.
* Maintains machinery, including oiling and cleaning on a regular basis.
* Drains and cleans oil trays, dumps scrap and maintains a clean and safe work area.
* Ensures all quality and safety documentation is completed.
* Uses scales, micrometers, dial indicators and fixed gages to check parts produced/work.
* Work with engineering and/or maintenance to resolve specific machine, tooling and setup problems that may arise.
EDUCATION High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE Uses a variety of common machine tools and gages, calipers, etc.
* Ability to read blueprints.