Commercial Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
EMCOR Facilities Services - Viox Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us:
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Commercial Maintenance Technician
Reports to Regional Manager and is routed to complete work orders in an assigned geographical territory to ensure the effective, efficient, and timely delivery and fulfillment of EFS's line of services and associated products to dispersed and varied customers through the deployment and utilization of a proprietary facilities supplier network. Performs preventive maintenance and corrective repairs on buildings, equipment and grounds Conducts \\"face to face\\" relationship between EFS and supplier in the service of the client's requirements. Completes QC inspections for clients that request the service. Utilizes multiple trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and roofing, HVAC, and other skills as needed to solve maintenance problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Completes defined field inspections on a scheduled basis so as to incorporate feedback on supplier effectiveness and client feedback. Includes service inspections, and asset inspections. Performs assigned work orders according to schedule. Obtains necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
* Attends weekly toolbox safety meetings with Regional Manager and other associates. Utilizes mandatory safety equipment to perform tasks. Obtains and completes EFS required training.
* Performs minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems (e.g. unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks in drains and faucets, replace toilets and faucet fixtures as needed, etc.) Performs routine painting, carpentry work, etc., as necessary to maintain our Client's facilities in like new condition (e.g. repair a hole in dry-wall, prep the area, and match the paint to present a uniform and original like new appearance). Performs minor electrical maintenance as allowed without a license within state law requirements (e.g. repair or replacement of fixtures, wall switches, and outlets. Replace light bulbs, ballasts and sockets if necessary).
* Fully utilizes technology (routing software, tablets, handhelds, and company vehicles) to drive productivity and continuous improvement for service delivery to our customers.
* Estimates time and materials needed to complete repairs and works with the Regional Manager so they can provide our Client's a written quote for work that we cannot perform within our basic dollar approval limit.
* Meets and/or exceeds Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for internal metrics to measure safety performance, completed field inspections, , effective use of technology, etc. Identifies out of scope work opportunities and presents to Regional Manager to be decided on.
* Creates a positive climate with the client, provides and generates customer satisfaction. Maintains timely and consistent communications with applicable Service Delivery and Procurement departements.
* Completes other duties as assigned or required.
HS diploma or Degree/Certification, or equivalent professional experience in Landscaping, Trades (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, etc), or Specialty Floor Care, preferred.
Two to five years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience. Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades. Past background in the landscape, janitorial or construction-related services industries highly preferred.
Must possess applicable certifications, licenses, and valid driver's license in good standing.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and communicate work order status via our Handheld or other designated business process.
Ability to use and operate handheld device and business systems or document management Database software, including but not limited to Microsoft office, Lotus Notes, MS office (word, Excel).
Complies with all applicable codes, regulation, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety. Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
Maintain adequate knowledge of and comply with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and Company safety policies at all times.
Experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of building mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
Daily local travel between properties.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled Click here to view job online