Commercial Property Manager (Class A Office and Retail) 10/11/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Commercial Property Manager (Class A Office and Retail)
Auto Req ID
We are currently seeking an Assistant General Property Manager to join our Houston, TX Property Management Team!
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) partners with the General Manager and is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction.
* Develop and maintain positive owner/tenant/vendor relationships.
* Assist in preparing and executing annual property business plan and budget, as directed by the General Manager (GM).
* Assist in preparing monthly operating statements and variance comments along with the accrual and journal entries required, as directed by the GM.
* Assist in collecting all rents due under leases agreements, as directed by the GM.
* Inspect buildings daily to guarantee that building services are at the highest level of quality standards. Assist in negotiating service contracts, as directed by the GM. Obtain bids from different vendors, and with the GM's approval, choose appropriate vendor to perform work.
* Oversee all service contracts and vendor relations as directed by the GM.
* Ensure all managed sites are operating according to state and local building codes.
* Ensure emergency Evacuation Procedures and life safety systems are updated and in effect along with emergency contacts for all personnel.
* Assist in purchasing supplies and services in accordance with the current year budget and within spending limits and guidelines, as directed by the GM.
* Assist General Manager and Chief Engineer with coordination of tenant and capital improvement process.
* Prepare aged receivables reports with detailed explanations. Work with tenants, GM, and Financial Department to clear up aged items.
* Participate in Property Management Department initiatives as directed by the GM.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree with accounting skills
* Minimum 5 years of Commercial Real Estate experience in Property Management.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Real estate license
* LEED certification, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Competencies: Business, Financial, and Accounting skills are required. Also, competencies include strong Communication, Leadership, Project Management, and Technology Skills (Microsoft Office Suite). Candidate must possess strong operational, communication, tracking and financial skillsets.
* Candidate must have a strong understanding of Commercial Real Estate and all financial aspects including current knowledge of the Yardi Voyager accounting software and accrual based accounting.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.