Commercial Property Manager (Class A Office and Retail)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/3/2018
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking an Assistant General Property Manager to join our Houston, TX Property Management Team!
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) partners with the General Manager and is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction.
* Develop and maintain positive owner/tenant/vendor relationships.
* Assist in preparing and executing annual property business plan and budget, as directed by the General Manager (GM).
* Assist in preparing monthly operating statements and variance comments along with the accrual and journal entries required, as directed by the GM.
* Assist in collecting all rents due under leases agreements, as directed by the GM.
* Inspect buildings daily to guarantee that building services are at the highest level of quality standards. Assist in negotiating service contracts, as directed by the GM. Obtain bids from different vendors, and with the GM's approval, choose appropriate vendor to perform work.
* Oversee all service contracts and vendor relations as directed by the GM.
* Ensure all managed sites are operating according to state and local building codes.
* Ensure emergency Evacuation Procedures and life safety systems are updated and in effect along with emergency contacts for all personnel.
* Assist in purchasing supplies and services in accordance with the current year budget and within spending limits and guidelines, as directed by the GM.
* Assist General Manager and Chief Engineer with coordination of tenant and capital improvement process.
* Prepare aged receivables reports with detailed explanations. Work with tenants, GM, and Financial Department to clear up aged items.
* Participate in Property Management Department initiatives as directed by the GM.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree with accounting skills
* Minimum 5 years of Commercial Real Estate experience in Property Management.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Real estate license
* LEED certification, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Competencies: Business, Financial, and Accounting skills are required. Also, competencies include strong Communication, Leadership, Project Management, and Technology Skills (Microsoft Office Suite). Candidate must possess strong operational, communication, tracking and financial skillsets.
* Candidate must have a strong understanding of Commercial Real Estate and all financial aspects including current knowledge of the Yardi Voyager accounting software and accrual based accounting.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at email@example.com