Commercial Property Manager 10/12/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Commercial Property Manager
Auto Req ID
We are currently seeking a General Manager to join our Property Management Team! The General Manager oversees all aspects of a single high profile commercial asset or portfolio of commercial properties for one owner.
* Develops and implements the Management Plan for assigned assets.
* Directly supervises employees reporting to the assigned buildings. Establishes written goals and objectives for direct reports and conducts periodic formal and informal performance evaluations. Develops training program and career path for property employees.
* Prepares and/or reviews the annual jurisdictional forms and filings as required.
* Prepares the final budget documentation plans and administers budget for the office building(s).
* Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required. Recommends, justifies, develops and coordinates projects that enhance the value of the office buildings.
* Works with Chief Engineer to assign employees to duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors, pursuant to client and JLL guidelines.
* Oversees tenant improvement construction projects.
* Supports Leasing Specialist in the preparation of lease and/or rental agreements and is responsible for lease administration process.
* Maintains intimate knowledge of lease agreements; ensures compliance from an accounting standpoint and acts upon from an operations point of view.
* Works with accounting to manage the accounting process and directs on-site bookkeeping functions and collection process.
* Prepares and/or reviews adjustments to tenant billing process. Has a strong knowledge and understanding of CPI increases, escalations, recoveries, special, etc.
* Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement and of leased premises as dictated by lessee's agreement.
* Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement. Submits hiring recommendations to Group Manager for approval.
* Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services.
* Maintains role as secondary contact for tenants relative to tenant service requests. Proactively meets with tenant representatives on scheduled basis.
* Prepares and/or reviews financial statements and reports on status of office buildings such as occupancy rates and dates of expiration of leases.
* Prepares and/or reviews financial reports for client on monthly, quarterly and annual basis complying with requirements in management services agreement, with copy to the Group Manager. Analyzes financial statements to project future financial position and budget requirements.
* Prepares and/or reviews periodic inventory of building contents and property condition, and forwards listing to client for review.
* Directs the development, revision and implementation of property manuals and on-line systems.
* Ensure that emergency evacuation procedures are in place and life safety systems are operating effectively.
* Establishes, communicates and manages the tenant move-in/move-out process to minimize disruption to established tenants.
* Assists Chief Engineer in meeting the assigned criteria within the Operations Audit. Assures compliance with Management Audit with the assistance of the Property Administrator. Assures compliance with Jones Lang LaSalle policies, procedures and standard practices.
* Oversees the Property Administrator in the preparation of office equipment leases and maintenance agreements.
* Assures that appropriate insurance requirements are in place for all properties.
* Cross-sells all JLL services.
* Participates in regional and national property management initiatives.
* Bachelor degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
* Real estate license required. LEED certification preferred.
* Minimum of seven (7) years commercial real estate experience in property management.
* Minimum of five (5) years experience managing a team of people.
* Experience in budget preparation and financial reporting, with a strong understanding of building operational systems, lease negotiation, documentation and administration.
* Competencies: Manage a profitable P&L, Client facing, perform the functions of leasing management, ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team including PA/TSC, Chief Engineer other.
* Skills Required: Business, Financial, and Accounting Acumen, Communication, Leadership, Project management, and Technology Skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the