This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
A. O. smith
JOB DESCRIPTIONScope of Responsibility
We are currently seeking a Corporate Communications Intern for our Milwaukee, WI location to work 15-25 hours per week.
This is an opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate intern majoring in Journalism, Digital or Mass Communications to work with a small, but ambitious, corporate communications department. You will participate in a wide range of internal and external communications activities during this assignment with the potential to continue into the next semester for additional professional experiences.
* DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS
* Research and develop content for AOSNET, the company s intranet. This will include content creation, content migration, SEO and metadata development, and site testing in addition to providing support to other content editors and users, as well as working with translated content.
* Assist with maintaining and helping create content for the company s external web site, www.aosmith.com.
* SOCIAL MEDIA
* Help write posts and develop topics for the company s LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter sites.
* PUBLIC RELATIONS
* Exposure to quarterly financial reports, developing and distributing media releases, and some media relations.
* COMPANY SPONSORSHIPS
* Assist with community sponsorship programs.
* Required Qualifications: * Must be enrolled in an accredited Undergraduate or Graduate Degree program, preferably with a major in Journalism, Digital or Mass Communications. A concentration in Corporate Communications or Public Relations is preferred, but not required.
* Demonstrated experience in interviewing and writing for the web and or publications.
* Proven experience with digital communications.
* Process planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Bachelor's Degree in Communication or Related Field.