Communications Manager, Sales Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/17/2017
Cox Automotive is hiring a Communications Manager. The Communications Manager- Market Readiness is responsible for managing a complex and critical communications work stream that includes Sales teams across Cox Automotive.
This self-motivated professional will partner with the business and functional teams to produce and distribute compelling content for client-facing sales employees ( team members ) and boundary partners that engages, educates, and influences adoption of key capabilities and tools. This role will focus on helping team members understand the company vision and their role in delivering against Cox Automotive goals, operating plans and revenue targets. The Communications Manager will report to the Sr. Director - Market Readiness, and will serve as a liaison between the sales field and corporate.
The ideal candidate is a strategic communicator who has a passion for innovating and executing in both the internal and external communications space, is proficient in executing targeted, change-management communications, thrives in a collaborative environment, is as adept at writing for the C-suite as for broader audiences, can quickly make and articulate connections between internal initiatives and the overarching vision of Cox Automotive, and is highly skilled at leveraging a variety of traditional and digital communication channels, including in-person and web events.
SERVE AS A STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT WITH KEY STAKEHOLDERS
* Build knowledge of all products, services and accounts; proactively work with internal and external partners to determine what s relevant, actionable, timely and engaging to the sales teams.
* Work closely with change management lead to ensure recommendations follow best practices for effective targeted change communications
* Through consultation and collaboration, own day-to-day and strategic relationships with senior leaders in the dealership-facing sales organization (Dealer Field Sales) and Enterprise Dealer Partnerships (EDP).
* Build partnerships with internal communications and cross-departmental peers to ensure communications strategies are executed.
DEVELOP, DISTRIBUTE AND MEASURE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF COMMUNICATIONS
* Develop a strong understanding of stakeholder audiences and their communication needs.
* Develop and execute communications plans, as needed, for sensitive, high-impact or key organizational announcements.
* For assigned initiatives with approved change-management communications plans, execute tactical recommendations for program, operational, executive and team member communications. This includes quarterly, monthly, weekly and ad hoc communications for any and all vehicles.
* Write in a variety of styles and formats (e.g., FAQs; ghost writing emails, articles and blog posts on behalf of leadership; e-newsletters; announcements; editorial calendars; PowerPoint presentations) ensuring communications are tailored to the audience, concise but with the right amount of detail, tailored to the author and channel.
* Communicate consistently, effectively and within a timely manner with leadership regarding the general state of business.
* Establish, manage and ensure usage of company-approved employee communications templates, policies, procedures and guides.
* Conduct external research and implement best practices to drive continuous improvement of company-wide employee communication programs, processes and channels.
* Establish and manage ongoing measurement and reporting processes to ensure employee communications is delivering greater overall value (ROI) for the organization.
* Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects, as assigned. Coordinate special projects at the request of the Sr. Manager of Communications, Media Sales.
* Bachelor s Degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
* 5+ years experience in sales team communication, journalism/media, technology or communications industries required (automotive experience a plus)
* Prior management of in-person and digital employee communication programs, processes, and channels (events, intranet, print publications, webcast, video, SMS, etc.)
* Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel is required
* Prior experience serving as a mentor or guide for a team required; prior people management experience a plus
* Prior Reporter or journalist experience preferred
Up to 20% travel required, including some overnight trips.
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing