This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/25/2017
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST in BOSTON, MA.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting in daily public relations (PR) duties for our brands like Samuel Adams, Angry Orchard, Truly Spiked & Sparkling, and Twisted Tea. Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Proactive and reactive communications to the media, Pitching and placing trade and online media coverage, Developing press materials, Coordinating press tours, Supporting cause programs, Managing new product launches, event planning and media, and Media monitoring/measurement.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO:
* Lead trade/industry media relations for our brand portfolio
* Write and develop press materials, including pitches, press releases, fact sheets, newsletter articles and Q&A documents, ensuring content is accurate and on message
* Assist in coordination of media mailings, including coordination with PR agency to update mailing calendar
* Logistics and planning for various PR events throughout the year, including media receptions, product launches, tasting events, desksides (NYC & media tours), cause marketing initiatives, and provide on-site support
* Supporting our cause-marketing team through our Brewing The American Dream program
* Day-to-day coordination and communication with third party partners: Chef partners Mixology partners 3rd party vendors (i.e. LogOn, Burrelles, Critical Mention, Meltwater)
* Serve as point person for collateral needs of other departments within BBC including:
* Trade/Sales: Lead monthly meetings & collaboration efforts, manage recipe & tour requests
* Digital: Weekly website update content, monthly newsletter review, influencer/blogger program(s), native content collaborations development
* Creative: Oversee creative brief development for photoshoots (food & product) in collaboration with Brand and Digital teams
* Travel as needed. Regular travel for media opportunities.
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR:
* Bachelors Degree in PR, Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications, or related field
* 3-4 years public relations experience required
* Demonstrated success in securing extensive media coverage
* Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with key media contacts
* Demonstrated strategic writing skills
* Candidate must be a creative, confident, self-starter
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Agency experience preferred
* Previous experience in consumer goods PR preferred
* Previous event planning experience preferred
* Excitement and passion for craft beverages
SOME PERKS: Our people are our most important ingredient. We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, theres the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.