This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/29/2017
Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OVERVIEW:
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Crescent Standards.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries and expenses of the hotel.
3. Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise hotel management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
4. Prepare, review, and present the Monthly Report of Operations.
5. Prepare forecasts and budgets as required (Annual, Revised Annual, Monthly, and/or on Crescent/Owner's requests).
6. Oversee all contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining all licenses, permits, insurance and contracts.
7. Establish and audit all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and associates time records.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
9. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
10. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Five years' experience as a controller in a full service hotel.
Experience in Profit Sage a plus.
Multiple bran knowledge preferred - Radisson and IHG.
Strong analytic skills
Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
Brand experience preferred.
Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Can communicate well with guests.
Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Must have knowledge of departmental operations. Must have knowledge of computers and training techniques.
Must have knowledge of business law; federal, state and local taxes; as well as Department of Labor regulations.
Must have knowledge of insurance, employee benefits, insurance and workers' compensation claims and liability.
Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.