Compliance Manager 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The BNANO Compliance Manager supports and contributes to the education, training and communication of Anti Bribery/ Anti-Corruption (ABAC) policies, Bruker s Code of Conduct and Global Third Party Agents (TPA) Compliance policies. In addition, supports BNANO Division sales management in the development and maintenance of compliant channel partner networks. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities: oversight of due diligence for new contracts and renewals, system and policy training development for third party agents due diligence; TPA contract management; risk model development, and serves as the central point of contact for coordination and tracking of BNANO compliance initiatives.
* Oversee the day-to-day management of the compliance team and activities including processing due diligence requests, contract renewals and TPA internal questionnaires. Documents decision making on red flag dispositions and escalations.
* Ensure that compliant TPA contracts are maintained in the Steele/Securimate system. Interface with BNANO sales management with training on contract issues and best practice procedures on contract negotiations.
* Develop and maintain the country based Risk Model to guide appropriate levels of due diligence on new contracts and renewals.
* Stays abreast of the best practices and works to continuously improve and integrate with BNANO policy and procedures. Utilizing outside resources such as TRACE.org.
* Stays abreast of the best practices and obtains professional certification, particularly with TRACE.org. Communicate as appropriate with other Bruker group and compliance organizations. Maintains effective internal and external industry and professional network.
* Communicates and appropriately escalates TPA and other compliance and contractual issues to senior management on a regular basis.
* Communicates frequently with BNANO divisional sales management and regional finance teams to resolve TPA questions and issues on a timely basis.
* Serve as primary interface on corporate or external audits of compliance. Develop and oversees periodic BNANO Group internal reviews/self-audits of compliance with policies and procedures.
* Document Export Compliance Policies across BNANO group. Subsequently develop programs to ensure that BNANO stakeholders maintain compliance programs and management is properly trained.
Knowledge, Skills, Education & Competencies
* Bachelor s degree in relevant field of study. Master s Degree or additional relevant Professional Certifications preferred 5 years, or more, of related work experience within legal, compliance or audit department of public company. Or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Professional Compliance Certification with international regulatory compliance relating to international commercial operations, such as TASA, is a plus.
* Experience with US and international anti-corruption laws and regulations and the ability to apply laws to business situations using a risk based approach.
* Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the compliance team to enable higher performance and focus on continuous improvement. Establish a strong and visible compliance across all related functions of the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives. Maintains effective working relationships across the company, at the divisional, functional, and corporate level.
* Significant experience with Risk Based Third Party Management System and due diligence research tools. In depth knowledge and understanding of due diligence compliance processes and best practices. Securimate or Hiperos experience a plus.
* Outstanding problem solving skills. Ability to evaluate both quantitative and qualitative information and associated risks. Ability to propose and coordinate execution of viable solutions aimed to mitigate risk.
* Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal). Ability to prepare effective presentations at various levels of the organization. Strong attention to details. Excellent at workload prioritization and time management.
* Effective at driving change and managing teams to achieve desired results. Capable of articulating a vision or plan, gaining organizational commitment to action, and managing through others to achieve results. Ability to effectively and efficiently manage and lead projects.
* Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new subject matter and effectively communicate the same at all levels of the organization.
* Experience with commercial contract management and general contract laws. Ensures compliance with Bruker Limits of Authority. Works with legal counsel to ensure legal matters are appropriately addressed to mitigate risk to Bruker.
* Maintains the highest standards of ethics, integrity, and professionalism.
* Experience with a top tier ERP system required. SAP experience is a plus.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Excel, Work, PowerPoint, and Visio. Experience with Adobe Professional and SharePoint a plus.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.