Compliance Officer - Corporate Compliance (FT)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/21/2017
Saint Barnabas Health Care System
West Orange, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPLIANCE OFFICER - CORPORATE COMPLIANCE (FT)
Job Number: SB800000020
Category: Professional / Management
Location: West Orange, NJ
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, treating over 3 million patients a year. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns.
The RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Compliance Department is seeking a Compliance Officer to manage compliance activities under the direction of the System s Chief Compliance Officer or her designee. The Compliance Officer is responsible for achieving system-wide and facility specific compliance objectives in the areas of compliance education and training, internal investigations, auditing and monitoring, which includes assisting in the development and execution of the annual Compliance Risk Assessment and Audit Work Plan, corrective action, policy and procedure development, implementing compliance initiatives and activities for the System, and the overall effectiveness of the Corporate Compliance Program.
* J.D. or MHA, MBA or advanced degree in a financial or allied health related field.
* Minimum 5 years healthcare related experience.
* Experience managing compliance requirements of government and healthcare regulatory agencies.
* Working knowledge of:
* Healthcare compliance
* Hospital management and operations
* Federal Healthcare Payor requirements
* Clinical coding and reimbursement processes and procedures
* Physician management
* Healthcare finance
* Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including proven ability to:
* Make effective formal written and oral presentations
* Conduct rigorous investigation and analysis of complex health care, regulatory, financial and clinical issues and communicate findings and recommendations
* Develop and implement communication strategies for all stakeholders including senior management, oversight agencies, staff, co-workers and supervisors.
* Effective project management skills including proven ability to:
* Manage large volumes of written materials and electronic data
* Produce high quality written documentation (e.g. memos and reports) and data analysis (e.g. Excel spreadsheets)
* Independently manage complex processes with precision and efficiency
* Formulate and implement effective action plans
* Accept direction and input from multiple sources including parties with conflicting and/or adverse interests.
* Proven ability to function independently and exercise judgment and leadership in accordance with objective legal and regulatory requirements, under complex and demanding circumstances.
* Established demeanor and work habits consistent with professional-firm (e.g. law, accounting or healthcare consulting) training and background, together with at least 3 years of actual professional firm, healthcare senior management, or relevant government agency experience.
* Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
Location: Office locations at West Orange, NJ and Somerset, NJ with travel required to the multiple RWJBarnabas Health facilities.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
* Medical/Dental/Vision plans
* 401 (k)
* Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer.