Composite Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/5/2018
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlbany Engineered Composites (AEC) designs, develops, and manufactures advanced composite components in order to help our customers push the frontiers of innovation. Our core strength is our ability to produce highly tailored, complex composite components. With our unique blend of products -- including 3D woven structures, traditional and non-traditional 2D composite structures, and discrete through thickness reinforcement technologies, to name a few -- AEC is able to produce composite components and products which meet performance and cost specifications often beyond the reach of metallic or conventional laminated composites.
Composite Technicians perform lay-up, braiding and filament winding of composite materials in accordance with customer and company specifications and requirements while following company policies and using proper personal protective equipment. Other duties include:
* Bonds a variety of dissimilar materials (composite, metal, or laminate) assemblies, parts, skins, components, equipment or structures into semi-finished or finished products.
* Lays out articles, cuts parts or materials to size.
* Applies liquid or solid bonding agents. Operates autoclave, hydraulic presses and ovens to complete bonding cycle.
* Controls conditions of heat, pressure, and timing by setting and operating various controls according to the specifications for the materials and the bonding agent being used.
* Sands, burrs and smooths over areas, apply sealing resins to cut or exposed edges.
* Monitors and verifies quality of finished product.
* Completes repairs on composite, metal or laminate bonded products using inspection and rework instructions.
* Verifies quality of finished product.
* Able to identify different process materials, prepregs, adhesives and resins.
* Assist with cutting and kitting materials.
* Complete lay-ups using measuring instruments per shop orders, blue prints or laser ply projector.
* Vacuum bag basic shapes and sizes.
* Assist in loading autoclaves and\or ovens with the use of forklifts, cranes or handling carts.
* High School Diploma or GED
* As a Department of Defense Contractor we are required to hire US Persons.
* Visa sponsorship is not being offered.
Top notch benefits program including generous 401(k) match, paid time off, personal days, flexible schedule and strong commitment to work/life balance.
How to Apply:
We follow OFCCP guidelines for accepting applications, please use the link provided to apply directly to this position Link
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled