This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 4/29/2018
Ameren Services Company
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAmeren Services provides administrative support and services to Ameren Corporation and its operating companies, subsidiaries and affiliates. Nearly 1,400 employees serve the company with business planning, communications, diversity, financial support, human resources, information technology, legal counsel, safety and supply services.
There are 8 Jan-Aug & 8 May-Dec 2018 co-ops available.
This position is for a student co-op. Co-op will participate in project activities related to the support, development, maintenance, and/or enhancement of software solutions or applications.
You will have the opportunity to work in one of 3 areas:
* Enterprise Computing
* Incident/Request Management and Security Provisioning
* Mobility/Messaging Platform
Projects may include any of the following:
* Develop and distribute operating systems (patches, applications, etc.) to end users.
* Provide support on latest software and hardware technology as needed by specific departments and directed by business needs.
* Provide technical assistance to computer users, operations' staff and development personnel due to changes in hardware/software components.
* Assist in the development of strategic technical direction concerning product mix, upgrade/transition strategies.
* Provision access to computer application and Active Directory
Co-op will gain experience in various aspects of support and development within a large IT organization and corporation.
Current student with at least 60 college credit hours completed. Student must be pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, engineering, or IT related field from an accredited college or university required. A GPA of 3.0 or above is preferred.
Good analytical and human relations skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Coursework in modern software/application development preferred.
Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Adaptable and flexible to change.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.