This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/26/2017
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlbany Engineered Composites
Business Unit Manager - Configuration Management \\"Manager\\"
Boerne, Texas OR Salt Lake City, Utah
Who we are:
Albany Engineered Composites, Inc. (AEC) designs, develops, and manufactures advanced composite components. Our core strength is our ability to produce highly tailored, complex composite parts, with a focus on AEC's unique 3D reinforced composite technology. Our products often enable our customers to use lightweight, high-performance composites in applications where they previously have been unable to because of complex performance or geometry needs. For example, we help customers in aerospace and transportation replace heavier metallic components with highly durable, lightweight composite components to reduce weight and improve fuel ef ciency. AEC manufactured composite fan blades and cases are used exclusively in CFM LEAP engines which power the Boeing 737-MAX and Airbus A320neo aircraft. There are also over 200 AEC manufactured parts across all variants of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. Please visit www.albint.com/aec to learn more about AEC products and technologies. AEC is a subsidiary of Albany International Corp. (NYSE:AIN) and shares its mission to deliver differentiating products and service with the highest quality and reliability. AEC is headquartered in Rochester, New Hampshire, home to AEC's Research & Technology Center as well as LEAP and other production facilities. The company has additional global fabrication and assembly facilities in New Hampshire, Texas, Utah, France, and a new manufacturing plant that is currently under construction in Mexico.
The Business Unit Manager, Configuration Management (CM) Manager develops and ensures the effective management and implementation of the company configuration and documentation management policies and procedures in coordination with other Business Unit Managers. To be successful you will need to be knowledgeable and capable of fulfilling the following duties:
* Partners with the Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Program Management, Contracts, and other key functions in driving the definition, implementation and adoption of Configuration Management processes, policies and procedures.
* Ensures Configuration and Data Management requirements are met for all Commercial and Government programs throughout the Product Life-Cycle.
* Responsible for the ongoing continuous improvement, implementation, documentation and support of the Configuration Management processes and procedures.
* Oversees Configuration Control Boards (CCB) and Functional/Physical Configuration Audits (FCA/PCA).
* Oversees a team of Configuration and/or Data Analysts and Associates.
* Participates in supporting NPI and Sustaining Engineering projects (design change/process change).
* A subject matter expert for the CM toolset.
* Participates in and/or Leads special projects as required.
The Right Stuff:
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field; equivalent experience will be considered.
* 5+ years' experience in Aerospace or DoD manufacturing industry using MRP/ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
* 5+ years' configuration management experience utilizing AS9100, EIA-649, or MIL-HNBK-61A
* PLM systems experience (PTC Windchill, Oracle Agile, SAP PLM, etc.)
* CMIIA/CMIIP and PMP Certifications an advantage
* MSOffice proficient (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio and Project)
* Familiar with CAD design software (Solidworks, CATIA, AutoCAD, Creo, etc.) preferred.
* Outstanding verbal, presentation and written communication skills
* Exceptional organizational, configuration management and prioritization ng
* Leadership and management experience of a team (8+direct reports)
* Lean, Six Sigma, or Continuous Improvement
* As a Department of Defense Contractor we are required to hire US persons.
* Visa sponsorship is not being offered.
* Relocation is being offered for highly qualified candidates
Position can be located in Boerne, Texas or Salt Lake City, Utah. Top notch benefits program including generous 401(k) match, unlimted PTO hours, flexible schedule and strong commitment to work/life balance. https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/nghome.guid?c=1111341&d=AEC&r=5000221558606
How to Apply:
We follow OFCCP guidelines for accepting applications, please use the link provided to apply directly to this position
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.
#LI - AEC
#Dice# DIce#LI - AEC
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled