Construction Materials and Geotechnical Testing Laboratory Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONKleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder\'s Redmond (Seattle) WA office is seeking a Construction Materials and Geotechnical Testing Laboratory Technician to join our team.
We're looking for a person with strong initiative, who will perform routine to complex testing for construction materials and geotechnical testing in the laboratory, in order to verify conformance to standards and specifications
Specific responsibilities will include:
* following proper procedures and standards
* performing daily routine testing of construction materials and geotechnical samples
* performing accurate computations and data entry
* performing routine maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment
* assisting in cleaning and organization in the laboratory
The Laboratory Technician will prepare daily reports and data sheets and may be called upon to perform various tasks at the discretion of the supervisor. The preferred candidate will have 0-3 years of construction materials laboratory testing experience, however we will train the correct individual.
* 0-3 years of construction materials laboratory testing experience
* Ability to use computer software including MS Excel, Word, Outlook and photo management software.
* Ability to lift over 50 pounds.
* Flexible schedule, able to work weekends, odd hours and overtime as required
* Valid driver s license, clean driving record and ability to pass a drug test
* ACI - Level I (Concrete Compressive Strength and/or Aggregate Testing)
* NICET Level I (Soils and/or Construction Materials Testing)
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)