Construction Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/20/2017
END DATE 4/27/2017
Opus Design Build, L.L.C.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Opus Group seeks a Construction Project Manager to join our growing Kansas City project management team.
We're changing the way people live and work by developing, designing, and constructing high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings, delivering on clients' visions, and we can only do this with great people. Our culture and work environment allow our talented associates to grow and thrive. We are fast paced and focus on challenging work assignments, professional development and mentoring to ensure our team members continue to learn and grow.
Team members receive a comprehensive suite of benefits. Not only are we building significant, truly integrated design-build projects, but our teams also contribute to the community with the Opus Foundation(R) and support the environment with our sustainability initiatives. We also realize that you have a life outside of work - balance is important. We work hard but also have fun!
Working out of our office in Olathe, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing contract negotiations, and design and construction of complex multi-family projects, with the goal of completing quality projects on time and on budget.
* Manage the development of specifications to meet client requirements for budget, schedule and quality.
* Manage the development of complete and accurate proposal and working drawings for projects.
Project Construction and Close-out
* Manage construction operations and ensure success of each project.
* Review margin projections, schedule, and quality assurance for assigned projects and prepare regular reports on project progress.
* Manage company-wide commitments on net lease projects.
* Maintain good customer and outside vendor relationships throughout project duration and beyond to enhance prospect of future projects.
Business Development and Sales
* Plan and execute Opus development projects
* Procure, plan and execute development opportunities for 3rd parties such as corporate and higher education clients
* Promote and market construction services and products.
* Develop proposals for construction projects according to customer specifications.
* Follow up on proposals to close sale and secure client decision on project.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related area
* Minimum of four years' construction-project management experience, preferably with majority of time spent on commercial or industrial buildings with knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and cost allocation procedures
* Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
The companies comprising The Opus Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.