Consultant - Consulting Core Team, Delivery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 2/20/2018
Hitachi Consulting Corporation US
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT HITACHI CONSULTING CORPORATION: Hitachi Consulting is the global business and IT consulting company of Hitachi Ltd., and a widely recognized leader in delivering practical, value-based business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, we are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Hitachi Consulting offers the agility of a smaller firm, the stability of larger firms, and the innovation that comes with being part of Hitachi.
Consultant Summary: Hitachi Consulting is looking for team players who are enthusiastic, thrive on responsibility and inspire trust. We want colleagues who can see the big picture while executing details and who, above all, want to bring value to our clients. Our new Consultants join our Consulting Core Practice and work as team members to provide our clients with consulting services that support our solution offerings. The work is usually performed at the client site but may also be performed at an office location while supervised on defined assignments.
Responsibilities: Works on projects of all sizes to provide functional and/or technical expertise to support and meet project objectives. Utilizes knowledge and skills to support and deliver on solutions for clients and on internal initiatives. Activities may include:
* Information collection and analysis.
* Problem solving and comprehensive solution design.
* Documentation for technical and functional user requirements and specifications.
* Creating professional presentations and other written communications.
* Systematically organizing tasks and effectively managing simultaneous priorities and commitments.
* Identifying and communicating project issues and participating in problem resolution.
* Interfacing and working effectively with client?s personnel and building client relationships.
* Internal practice development: initiatives and projects, knowledge management, training, culture & community activity.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, MS/MBAs, or a related discipline required.
* Prior experience in a technical area that supports a solution or industry offering is a plus: Relational database design, data modeling, Oracle Database Architecture, PL/SQL programming, Java/JSP programming, and/or Linux/UNIX operating system knowledge.
* Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong development skills in Microsoft SharePoint Server and the .NET framework - especially C# and ASP.NET 2.0 (SharePoint 2010 experience is desired, but not required).
* Some development application experience using Visual Studio.NET, SharePoint Designer, or web/user interface development ? including the design and implementation of custom web parts and other programs that leverage the object model.
* Exposure in the backend C# or VB.Net development, Visual Studio Tools for Office, Windows Workflow Foundation, Forms Server and Excel Services.
* Effective relationship-building skills, interpersonal skills and poise, track record of consistent leadership.
* Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and facilitation).
* Analysis, research, systemic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to perform in a self-directed manner while multi-tasking, and work well both independently and in teams.
* Aptitude to learn quickly and to rapidly apply performance feedback.
* A high standard for personal conduct, work ownership, and accountability.
* Regular and expeditious travel (up to 100%) throughout the U.S. and occasionally overseas may be required.
* Ability to be stationed at and work from an out-of-town client site for an extended period of time.
*What does Hitachi Consulting offer our talented team of employees!?
Hitachi Consulting is about community and having FUN at work. With over 100 consultants, we compete with the tier 1 consulting firms while having a close-knit, team-oriented, growth-oriented culture. To preserve this unique culture our people actively participate in social events as well as local volunteering, community events, and fund raising activities throughout the year. Hitachi consultants enjoy building new skills, working with great people, and the variety of experiences that come from working on exciting projects within a wide range of industries.
*All of our employees also receive wonderful benefits which include:
* Stable, competitive salary
* 3 weeks of paid time off
* 12 paid holidays (including the last week of December)
* Excellent health benefits upon first day of employment
* 401K with matching
* Learning paths and training opportunities to support your career aspirations
* World class training both web-based, locally, and at our national training center
* Recognition by your peers and leadership team at fun quarterly meetings
* Promotion opportunities based on your merits through our annual & semi-annual employee performance review program.
* Employee perks, i.e. discount purchase plans and membership discounts for vehicles, wireless services, consumer electronics, and retailers.
Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees!