Consulting Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/21/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
As a Consulting Systems Engineer you will utilize your strong technical competencies and customer service orientation to provide the highest level of technical consultation to sales teams to support sales goals. You will work on cross-functional teams including Sales, Product Marketing, Services and Engineering to create a strategy that provides the best solutions to customers. You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service history, enabling you to present targeted business solutions.
Consulting Systems Engineers work with NetApp potential customers and the assigned Account/Sales Team by providing expertise in the following areas:
- Work closely with sales as a consultant to understand prospect's technical needs related to a specific market or specific product.
- Perform consultative selling of optimum support and system solutions.
- Manage and evolve a comprehensive technology collaboration and support.
- Provide technical consultation/education to the Sales team and keep them apprised on new product information.
- Participate in customer evaluations and proof of concepts for deploying test systems.
- Plan, conduct and direct projects to support sales efforts and address future customer needs. Project plan includes costs, staffing, technical leadership and project evaluation.
- Keep apprised of all new product features and fixes.
- Expert in a specific product or a specific market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross functional teams to meet increased sales goals.
- Account management and project management experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's domestic sites and other global sites as necessary.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, this individual uses their skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles, and to achieve sales function goals in creative and effective ways.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- This individual effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, and employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
- May successfully coordinate significant projects or initiatives across functional groups.
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects with significant interdependencies.
- May supervise other less senior members within same function.
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- More than 12 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering; or related field is required; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required.
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth.
Full time / Part time
USA - California - San Francisco
USA - California - San Ramon
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.