Contractor - Senior Front-End Engineer - Required Materials Team 9/20/2017
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
Short Term Consultant Contract - 12 weeks Oct-Dec
Senior Front-End Engineer Required Materials Team
Engineering |Santa Clara, CA
Are you excited to develop features and product that will serve millions of students every single day on multiple platforms* Are you ready to solve a few of the toughest web challenges* Are you passionate to learn and share something new every day* Do you continuously keep your eyes open to new technologies and open to sharing with the team* Do you dream about JS Closures, callbacks, and Ajax loops* If the answer to the above questions is yes, then Chegg is waiting for you.
Chegg's engineering team is an elite group of highly skilled and motivated engineers who debug, measure, analyze, develop and improve products for adoption at scale. They are generalists with deep technical understanding, both of software and the web, who enjoy taking a holistic view of complex systems.
This role has a tremendous influence on how software is constructed at Chegg as well as how the wonderful services will be experienced by our students. The correct engineer will thrive in this environment influencing the way students are able to explore the content that will shape the outcome of their educational experience.
A Senior Front-End Engineer at Chegg is someone that makes an immediate impact on our 65 million student customers. This is a rare opportunity to join Learning Services Engineering team and help millions of students with your knowledge and expertise. You will be closely working with Data Scientists, Design, and Product team. Chegg is looking for an engineer who is passionate about web technologies.
* Implementing, driving and owning highly scalable and cross-browser compatible pages & front-end projects.
* Engaging with cross teams and driving future strategy with your experience and expertise.
* Continuously taking initiative in performance optimizations.
* Thorough understanding of vanilla JS and Web in general. Experience writing modular & unit testable JS code.
* The Clear understanding of cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
* In-depth knowledge and experience in CSS3/HTML5/Ajax technologies.
* Strong experience in scripting languages like PHP.
* Understanding and working experience of AWS EC2/ECS.
* Self-motivated, highly responsible and passionate about the best possible experience for millions of students.
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg's Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, CA with offices in San Francisco, New York, Portland, India, Israel, Berlin, and Ukraine. Chegg Student Hub Services Include: Chegg Study, Chegg Tutoring, Chegg Writing Tools, Test Prep, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College Admissions.
LIFE AT CHEGG: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH*V=YYHNKWID7OO
CHEGG BENEFITS: HTTP://WWW.CHEGG.COM/JOBS/BENEFITS
CHEGG FOR GOOD: HTTP://BLOG.CHEGG.COM/CATEGORY/CHEGG-FOR-GOOD/
GLASSDOOR BEST PLACES TO WORK 2015: HTTP://BIT.LY/GDBPTW
For more information, visit WWW.CHEGG.COM
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
REQUISITION NUMBER: 2514