Control Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/28/2018
Trimble is recruiting for an exceptional Control Systems Engineer to fill an opportunity in Dayton, OH.
The Control Systems Engineer is responsible for the hands-on design and implementation of real-time control system solutions, which are integrated in the automatic machine control products for the industries Trimble serves. To accomplish this objective the Control Systems Engineer is responsible for the full lifecycle of the control system development, including, but not limited to, system plant modeling, as well as feedback control solution design, implementation, simulation, analysis, testing and on-machine validation.
Success in this position involves working effectively with the application domain experts, working within the established process framework, and demonstrating a set of fundamental controls, signal processing, and engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed.
Primary Duties :
* Full lifecycle development of control systems within the process framework established for the project. Contributes to the continuous improvement of these processes.
* Works with the project team, application domain experts and customers, to establish achievable requirements.
* Active participant in project management through identification of project goals, establishing useful milestones, task breakdown, and effort estimates to support project scheduling, project tracking, and change control decisions.
* Creates control system designs, and works with the engineering teams to implement and test those designs to meet established requirements.
* Leads technical design reviews as required by the project framework.
* Maintains and archives design documents, models, source code, and other work products necessary for the project.
* As necessary, works independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing. Uses rapid prototyping and hardware in the loop tools to achieve these objectives.
* Other duties as required and requested by management.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
* At least 5 years experience in the full lifecycle development of real-time control system solutions
* Master's or PhD degree in Control Engineering and Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Guidance Navigation and Control Engineering, or related disciplines is required
* Demonstrated experience of MATLAB / Simulink and Model-Based control system development
* Proven experience applying signal processing techniques and modern controls theory in developing real-time controls systems, including, but not limited to, digital filters design, Kalman filters, system identification, and nonlinear control.
* Plant model development and validation. Including use of physical modeling tools to build the models, and leveraging system identification techniques to determine unknown model parameters
* Demonstrated experience in the acquisition and processing of data to support the analysis, testing and validation of the developed control system
* Must possess effective analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment, and effectively interact with a global team
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Experience with the software development of real-time embedded products
* Application of Inertial Measurement Units, Euler Angles and coordinate systems, and data fusing
* Familiarity with the design and development of real-time electro hydraulic control systems
* Knowledge of CAN and analysis tools such as CANalyzer or CANape
* Experience with the development of guidance, navigation and control solutions in off-road environments
* Rapid Prototyping Systems (dSPACE, xPC)
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
The CTCT division (a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar) develops positioning and control products for earthmoving and paving machines in the construction and mining industries, using technologies such as GPS, optical total stations, lasers and sonics. The products are used in a range of applications where the operator of the machine benefits from having accurate horizontal and vertical guidance .
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D