Cook II PRN 9/19/2017
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 03132-80096
PRN SCHEDULE (HOURS VARY)
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It s our promise to you as part of Methodist Healthcare s half-century mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God by providing exceptional and cost-effective health care accessible to all. The hospital s services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital also received special recognition for Heart Care in 2013 by receiving the Women s Choice Award. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital received recognition in 2012 and 2013 as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures . The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients.
We are currently seeking a COOK II to join our Methodist Hospital team. The Cook II prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items in appropriate quantities while following menus, recipes, and production sheets and maintaining a clean and sanitary work area. Provides training and guidance to other employees performing related work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Obtains food ingredients and supplies from storage areas as required for daily operations.
2. Reviews production schedule to determine food requirements including variety and quantity of food for preparation and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities.
3. Seasons and prepares a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, meats, soups, salads, and cereals in accordance with prescribed recipes for regular and special diets. May prepare the food for catered events.
4. Instructs and functionally supervises the activities of other employees performing the same or related duties.
5. Demonstrates, understands, and practices safe food handling techniques including dating/labeling, time/temperature measurements, correcting critical control issues.
6. Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
2 years food service experience required.
MINIMUM LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED:
Food Protection Manager Certification preferred.
Last Edited: 11/01/2017