Cook - Lakewood (PRN position) 3/21/2017
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Lees Summit, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Following recipes prepares food for patients/residents. Employees, cafeteria patrons and medical staff. Works under direct supervision.
* Good interpersonal skills required to meet and service the public.
* Good communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to speak and read the English language
* Maintain a Food Handler s Card.
* Must be able to follow a recipe, use scales, and operate large kitchen equipment.
* Must be able to blend twist, stoop, push and lift large containers of hot food.
* High School diploma or GED preferred
* One-year experience in preparation of large quantities of food using standardized recipes.