Corporate Actions - US Tax Reporting Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 6/12/2018
Brown Brothers Harriman
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONBROWN BROTHERS HARRIMAN & CO.
LEAD OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, US TAX REPORTING
SERVICE DELIVERY US TAX REPORTING
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Corporate Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory, Investment Management, Wealth Management, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
BBH is an affirmative action, Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
* The Tax Lead Specialist will be responsible for the deliverables associated with year- end tax reporting, including 1099 and 1042S processing. This includes, but is not limited to facilitating the Year End Tax Reporting Tactical Plan through tax season, support of regulatory changes requiring system and workflow enhancements, executing daily and monthly workflows, and processing tax adjustments. Knowledge of FATCA, Cost Basis, Income Reclassification and Wall Street Concepts interface preferred.
* Responsible for phases of year-end reporting including 1099 and 1042s processing
* Review and adjust all monthly tax reports.
* Responsible for reconciliation of NRA & FATCA taxes including distribution to clients and filing to the IRS
* Perform research into income payments and corporate actions to ensure proper taxation
* Understand regulatory requirements related to 1042 reporting, withholding, remittance and have knowledge of Cost Basis, FATCA IRS reporting requirements.
* Assisting management in ensuring proper product delivery, proper escalation and resolution of high exposure items
* Challenging all processes, procedures and practices
* Helping to enhance the productivity of the unit
* Assist in the development and production of monthly management reporting
* Identifying and resolving workflow issues
* Juggling several projects efficiently despite resource and time constraints
* Assisting management in the implementation of policies, procedures and controls
* Ensuring adherence to all established policies, procedures and controls
* Providing feedback on resource requirements and allocation
* Understanding competencies required for successful job performance and using knowledge to coach and develop team members
* Building relationships at all levels both within and outside the organization
* Communicating professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
* BS/BA degree or equivalent job experience
* 1 3 years of industry experience
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate professionally with others
* An aptitude for analytical and problem resolution
* Self Starter, proactive, and objective oriented
* Results oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.