Corporate Development Analyst 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HollyFrontier Corporation in Dallas, TX is seeking a Corporate Development Analyst who will conduct moderately complex financial analysis, prepares market analyses and reporting assignments for assigned department with minimal supervision.
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR INTERNATIONAL RELOCATION PROGRAM BENEFITS.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
* Analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide senior management accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions
* Builds and maintains financial models and performs complex financial market analyses and other various projects
* Assesses current processes including evaluating appropriate software, and provides recommendations for automation and efficiencies
* Provides SAP support and acts as SAP system super user
* Prepares various financial and business reports on a periodic basis which may include price analysis, budgets and forecasts
* Creates and maintains management reports including financial presentations in PowerPoint
* Acts as a liaison and consultant to an assigned group and supports other company departments with assigned transactions (i.e., petroleum product or crude oil/trucking)
* Participates in making recommendations regarding SAP system testing, configuration, support, new projects, etc.
* Authorizes payments of assigned invoices as needed
* Oversees and maintains historical pricing database
* Assists others in the department as needed with financial analyses, reports, and systems
* May oversee and ensure any assigned system(s) (e.g., Marketing dashboard) are updated
* May collect and analyze market research to verify price information and to identify other potential sales opportunities
* May prepare budget presentations for management
* May monitor budget under direction of VP and work with other managers in department to ensure compliance
* May research and assess various markets and assist on marketing plan development and execution with others in the marketing department
* May develop marketing/sales/pricing strategies and sales contracts
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of two years of related on-the-job experience required.
SAP experience preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree, preferably in business administration, marketing or related field, required.
Intermediate to advanced reading and writing skills. Ability to effectively communicate with strong verbal communication skills, negotiation, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills; good interpersonal skills with a customer focus; proficient and demonstrated ability working with spreadsheets, word processing, electronic mail and database applications; advanced ability to identify discrepancies and determine alternative courses of action. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products, PowerPoint in particular. Intermediate ability to implement new systems and procedures and to evaluate their effectiveness; and effectively interpret plans and procedures. Ability to perform intermediate level mathematical calculations.
May be required to provide work direction to entry level financial analysts.
Office based with travel required up to 10% by land and air with occasional visits into a refinery environment. Subject to varying road and weather conditions.
Job conditions require sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, and ability to perceive color differences. Job conditions may require standing, walking, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver s license and proof of insurance, and the ability to wear personal protective equipment as needed.
ENVIROMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFTEY RESPONSIBILITES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
* Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
* Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
* Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
* Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
* Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
* Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
ABOUT HOLLYFRONTIER CORPORATION
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000 bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally inthe Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc., whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products and owns a 37% interest (including a 2% general partner interest) in Holly Energy Partners, L.P.
Join HollyFrontier Corporation where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HOLLYFRONTIER CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER PROHIBITED GROUND OF DISCRIMINATION.