This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/20/2017
END DATE 4/24/2017
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
Maintain Cost Accounting System and provides job cost information to departments throughout the company.
* Maintaining Cost Accounting System
* Reconcile perpetual inventory balances to the General Ledger, identifying and resolving differences.
* Review inventory transactions daily to ensure transactions are posted in the proper GL accounts.
* Manage the accounting for inventory, including transaction tracking, costing, periodic physical count, and inventory obsolescence.
* Prepare or approve inventory related manual journal entries and inventory adjustments.
* Monitor cost of sales including all manufacturing variances, and related Balance Sheet accounts.
* Maintain inventory E&O, LCM and other reserves as necessary.
* Manage the labor and overhead allocation process to the bill of materials.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
* Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
* Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
* Experience with MTO Software a plus
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)