Cost Accounting Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 3/21/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Cost Accounting Manager will be part of the Hobart Finance Team and will be responsible for monthly close assignments, item master setup, item cost maintenance, inventory/GL reconciliations, and providing ongoing cost analysis of business activities such as inventory and material, labor and overhead spending; while continuously improving cost accounting processes and ensuring compliance with internal controls.
Perform monthly close process and prepare required financial reports and analysis. Responsible for general accounting and cost accounting which include accounts payable, intercompany & inventory transactions, shop order analysis, etc. Reconcile General Ledger accounts as part of the monthly close process. Provide month end financial reports to site leadership and lead review process. Provide support for capital investment processes. Provide financial support for the calculation of cost reduction project savings. Create and provide information as required to support ad-hoc reporting. Support in calculation and updating annual standard product costs in ERP systems. Assist in the preparation of monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and strategic plans. Assist in the budget cycle with material variances, labor routings, and spending. Assist in performing Sarbanes-Oxley assessment/testing. Assist in internal/external audit process providing necessary detail and explanation. Ensure compliance with GAAP and all Company financial policies/procedures. Participate in other special projects as assigned.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Participate in special assignments as required.
Candidate may also have to assist in re-bulking efforts when necessary
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance.
* MBA, CPA or CMA preferred.
* 3 - 5 years of related experience.
* Intermediate to advance computer skills.
* Ability to work in multiple systems especially enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems JDE/BPCS preferred.
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Outlook).
* Highly motivated, positive attitude, self-directed and assertive.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Attention to detail and organizational skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrate initiative and adaptability to change and learn.
* Knowledge of SEC regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley.
* General knowledge of accounting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
This position reports to the Plant Controller. Incumbent works collaboratively with finance department (both site and corporate) along with site departments; providing a high level of initiative and professional knowledge on matters of finance and cost to the organization that may be of a sensitive nature.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.