Cost Accounting Manager; Vadnais Heights, MN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 3/21/2018
Vadnais Heights, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Manager, Cost Accounting; Vadnais Heights, MN
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Costing Manager to lead, manage, train, and collaborate with North American Adhesives managers, supervisors, analysts, internal customers and internal suppliers in developing information strategies and systems, and performing consistent and controlled processes to support global costing objectives. Costing at HBF is a key part of our core business model and strategy to purchase and sell value based on accurate and timely information, systems, and processes. The position has direct reporting responsibility for the North America Adhesives business and will manage 6-8 direct reports.
The Costing & Analysis Manager will have responsibilities for functions including costing monthly period close, and reliability of operations of cost accounting in costing accounts including:
* Balance Sheet
* Inventory at Standard and Moving Average Cost Accounts
* Inventory Adjustments Accounts (GAAP Actual Adjustment, Excess & Obsolete Reserves, Cycle counts, Physical counts, LIFO, etc.)
* Accounts Payable GRIR (Good Receipt/Invoice Receipt)
* Material Price Variance Accounts
* Standard Cost Revaluation Accounts
* Manufacturing Output Variance Accounts
* Inventory Variance Accounts
* Freight Accounts (Freight Accrual/Freight Clearing)
* Vendor Rebate Accruals
Other responsibilities include:
* Standard and Moving Average Unit Costs used to value GAAP inventories and used in evaluating product margins
* Process and ERP System development, review, test, verification and optimization of process steps required in ERP system or for manual processes.
* Thought leadership for strategies on IT systems and costing methods that align with company business models and maximize profits.
* Supervision, training, and development of a high performance team
* Close coordination with the Operations Business Finance Partner Team on activities including:
* Analysis of plant variances and metrics
* Calculation of cost changes for customer price index
* Projected unit costs for new products
* Maintenance of internal control structures
* Sarbanes-Oxley. Ensure internal control environment, designs and practices are adequate as prescribed in Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) management testing and monitoring processes.
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
* 10-15 years experience in Accounting
* 7 years formal management/leadership experience
* 7 years experience in Cost Accounting and Manufacturing
* Strong management, leadership, training and development skills. Able to develop others and build a strong cohesive team
* Ability to travel 15-20%, primarily to U.S. business unit locations
* Strong accounting skills (knowledge of complex accounts and detailed debits and credits)
* Strong IT skills in business requirement development
* Experience with ERP IT systems
* Preferred Qualifications include: CMA, CPA, or MBA; Strong GAAP knowledge and experience; and SAP ERP experience
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.