Cost and Pricing Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/7/2018
University Research Co., LLC
Chevy Chase, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Cost and Pricing Specialist
Chevy Chase, MD
JOB ID: 315
# OF OPENINGS: 1
COST & PRICING SPECIALIST
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (HTTP://WWW.URC-CHS.COM/).
DIVISION & PROJECT OVERVIEW:
University research Co., LLC (URC-CHS) is currently seeking a Cost and Pricing Specialist to join our Contracts and Grants Administration and Cost and Pricing Division in Chevy Chase, MD.
The Contracts and Grants Administration office is responsible for ensuring URC-CHS s compliance with all aspects of the procurement processes, awarded Contracts, Cooperative Agreements and Grants administration of all applicable regulations and requirements as set forth by the US Government, International Donors, cooperating countries, partners, and grantees. The Contracts and Grants Administration office is also responsible for ensuring projections and budget alignment to ensure successful implementation of all URC-CHS s projects and agreements. In addition, the office is responsible for the preparation of cost/business proposals/applications for new businesses. In line with this, the office is seeking a Cost & Pricing Specialist to assist in achieving this objective.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Director of the Contracts and Grants Administration, and Cost and Pricing, and working alongside the Senior Cost and Pricing Specialist, the Cost and Pricing Specialist will be responsible for, but is not limited to, the following:
* Actively contributes to the strategic business development of URC.
* Participates in the analysis of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Applications (RFAs) from federal, state, international agencies and donors for the purpose of identifying risks, trends and deviations from the norm.
* Engage in the development of a strategic, fully-compliant business proposal, and for developing and maintaining a knowledge base of strategic pricing data and methodologies.
* Prepare cost/business proposals/applications and submissions to donor agencies in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Applications (RFAs) and other funding opportunities in coordination with program staff at URC headquarters and field offices. Also, submit list of questions on the solicitation document to the Donors and clients.
* Review the cost and business requirements of RFPs and RFAs and clients requests for various types of Awards taking into consideration any future amendments.
* On large, complex proposals, support the Senior Cost and Pricing Specialist in communicating and reviewing partner cost packages.
* Prepare for senior management s signature, the representations, certifications and any other forms requested in a solicitation.
* Participate in development of a pricing strategy/approach(s) responding to various type of competition.
* Develop appropriate pricing templates utilizing Microsoft Excel that conform to solicitation
* In compliance with the RFPs and RFAs requirements and URC pricing standards, provide effective pricing direction and support to the proposal team.
* Ensure required cost proposal schedules are prepared timely and accurately.
* Review all pricing data submitted by proposal team and partners and subcontractors for accuracy and completeness of their cost proposals in line with the requirements of the clients.
* Work with the appropriate URC s Contracts & Grants Officer(s) in preparing and coordinating business volume
* Review and maintain cost proposal-related records and databases.
* Bring any deviations from the norm and communicate notable findings with recommendations to the attention of URC senior management with the intent of enhancing the cost and pricing methodologies.
* Other related and relevant duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* At a minimum, a Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is required or equivalent experience
* Two to Three years of experience in preparing cost proposals/applications for USAID and other donors.
* Knowledge of government acquisition & assistance and USAID rules and regulations. Knowledge of DfID, WHO, MCA, Global Fund, Gates Foundation and other donors regulation and funding requirements is recommended. Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation and Cost Accounting Standards is required.
* Knowledge of various contract types including firm fixed price, cost reimbursement, time &
material, along with assistance types (grants and cooperative agreements) is recommended.
* Excellent skills in analyzing government solicitations and awards for compliance, and have expertise in dealing with non-routine and complex projects.
* High level of Excel proficiency is required.
* Strong writing skills and computer proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word, and a track record of being a team player with flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements are essential.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Must have excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work well with multiple deadlines and under pressure.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC s Career Opportunities page at WWW.URC-CHS.COM/CAREERS.
YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR CV/R SUM AND YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE INDICATED. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID FORM 1420 CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEE BIOGRAPHICAL DATA SHEET as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC IS AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
URC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE VALUE AND SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.