Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
To support the Firm s corporate solutions business across the Americas, particularly with respect to contracting. The primary focus is to support lead transactions counsel in advising on and negotiating regional and global service contracts. The role reports to Chief Counsel - Corporate Solutions.
* 3-5 years major law firm or in-house experience in commercial real estate and/or contract law with an emphasis on the drafting of sophisticated real estate, outsourcing, and/or professional services contracts
* Strong contract interpretation and drafting skills
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; must be adept at identifying key legal issues, finding creative solutions to complicated legal problems, and effectively communicating the same to internal stakeholders and clients
* Experience working in the professional services sector a plus
* Understanding of risk management/mitigation issues as they relate to contracts for professional services
* Working with the guidance of lead counsel, review and prepare contract amendments, and revise proposed terms and conditions for the Firm s services
* Liaise with the Firm s Risk Management Department to identify/assess liability for provision of services
* Liaise with internal support functions (e.g., Finance, HR, Tax)
* Counsel business teams on operational and legal issues associated with contract amendments, as well as contract interpretation and implementation
* Draft and maintain JLL documentation, including standard form documents, on a country-specific basis as necessary
* Provide legal support for operational issues/vendor contracts
* Provide support to senior legal staff
* Perform legal research as needed
* Enhance and support the department s technology solutions and knowledge management efforts
* Juris Doctor from an accredited law school; strong academic record; Law Review preferred
* Licensed to practice law in Illinois or Georgia, as applicable (or at least one U.S. state) or eligible to take the Illinois or Georgia Bar exam within 1 year of employment
* 3-5 years legal experience as a transactional attorney, preferably in commercial real estate or professional services outsourcing
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills essential
* Able to conceptualize and articulate pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions to complex legal and business challenges
* Able to multitask in a fast-paced business and legal setting
* Able to work independently, but in a team environment
* Experience working in a technology-driven environment
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.