CR&D Chemist I 5/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CR & D CHEMIST I
What differentiates us at Alcami* Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
Execute chemical reactions on a gram to multi-kilogram scale. Isolate and purify products and intermediates by using standard laboratory techniques. Perform routine analytical procedures to monitor reaction progress (i.e. TLC, GC, NMR, HPLC, KF).
As the CR&D CHEMIST I, you will:
* Learn and perform specialized analytical techniques (i.e. HPLC wt% assay analysis, qNMR, etc).
* Understanding and interpretation of analytical data.
* Clear documentation of all results and procedures.
* Ability to execute and participate in the experimental plan under the supervision of a scientist.
* Assist in preparation of final reports for completed projects, including final procedures and compiling all analytical data.
* Able to provide written and verbal updates to supervisors or clients with support of supervision.
* Able to track project progress and comply with timelines, raw materials calculation/procurement, equipment availability and yields to ensure project success
* Assist as a technical contact for projects that transfer internally with the production groups, i.e. research kilo laboratory to GMP kilo laboratory, or kilo laboratory to plant.
Qualifications for success:
* Bachelor s in Chemistry or related field and 0 to 7 years of pertinent experience, or Master s in Chemistry and 0 to 4 years of pertinent experience.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals technical procedures and governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
* Ability to perform basic math functions, compute ratios, rate, and percent. Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Access, use, and safeguard sensitive, valuable, or critical proprietary information in a reliable manner to ensure company and information security.
* Able to work independently, as part of a team on projects and with people at all levels of the organization
* Learn, know and adhere to cGMP rules and regulations
* Learn, know and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
* Maintenance of an orderly and safe working environment
* Ability to maintain positive attendance record.
What we offer you:
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
* Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
* To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching
About our facility:
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Alcami is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin biotech/pharma cluster. The area boasts global market leaders in contract pharmaceutical services, and a rapidly growing number of academic incubators. A short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, Germantown offers residents a small town quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many local recreation attractions, in addition to national sports teams (Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks), and a vibrant waterfront park community that includes world class art museums and children's museums.