CR&D Chemist I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 12/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThink Different. Do Different. Be Different. What makes Alcami different* Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us. Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Alcami offers an integrated, end-to-end solution tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Our customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times.
Execute chemical reactions on a gram to multi-kilogram scale. Isolate and purify products and intermediates by using standard laboratory techniques. Perform routine analytical procedures to monitor reaction progress (i.e. TLC, GC, NMR, HPLC, KF).
* Learn and perform specialized analytical techniques (i.e. HPLC wt% assay analysis, qNMR, etc).
* Understanding and interpretation of analytical data.
* Clear documentation of all results and procedures.
* Ability to execute and participate in the experimental plan under the supervision of a scientist.
* Assist in preparation of final reports for completed projects, including final procedures and compiling all analytical data.
* Able to provide written and verbal updates to supervisors or clients with support of supervision.
* Able to track project progress and comply with timelines, raw materials calculation/procurement, equipment availability and yields to ensure project success
* Assist as a technical contact for projects that transfer internally with the production groups, i.e. research kilo laboratory to GMP kilo laboratory, or kilo laboratory to plant.
Qualifications for success:
* Bachelor s in Chemistry or related field and 0 to 7 years of pertinent experience, or Master s in Chemistry and 0 to 4 years of pertinent experience.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals technical procedures and governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
* Ability to perform basic math functions, compute ratios, rate, and percent. Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Access, use, and safeguard sensitive, valuable, or critical proprietary information in a reliable manner to ensure company and information security.
* Able to work independently, as part of a team on projects and with people at all levels of the organization
* Learn, know and adhere to cGMP rules and regulations
* Learn, know and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
* Maintenance of an orderly and safe working environment
* Ability to maintain positive attendance record.
About our facility:
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Alcami is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin biotech/pharma cluster. The area boasts global market leaders in contract pharmaceutical services, and a rapidly growing number of academic incubators. A short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, Germantown offers residents a small town quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many local recreation attractions, in addition to national sports teams (Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks), and a vibrant waterfront park community that includes world class art museums and children's museums.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, marital status, gender identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Back Email Apply Now