This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
Spectrum Healthcare Resources
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSpectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a Credentials Coordinator in St. Louis, MO. The Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Prepares and sends initial credential packet containing the correct and updated military forms, including delineation of privileges forms for each Military Treatment Facility (MTF), to providers/medical support staff for completion
- Reviews credentials received from providers and medical support staff for completeness within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt
- Provides updates to the Credentials Supervisors, Recruiters and/or Employment Specialists and candidates of any missing or incorrect information in a timely manner
- Interacts with Recruiters and Employment Specialists to obtain missing items from providers in order to complete packets
- Provides daily reports to Credential Department supervisor on candidate status
- Verifies credentials by primary sources by contacting medical schools, post graduate training programs, previous places of employment, and licensing boards for verifications
- Collects letters of recommendation from former employers and coworkers
- Contacts affiliations to obtain written verification of privileges
- Collects all pertinent documentation, investigates, and reports any and all red flag issues
- Requests National Practitioner Data Base (NPDB) queries on each provider
- Searches for Medicare and Medicaid sanctions on providers and medical support staff
- Requests state criminal history background checks on all providers and medical support staff
- Sends completed packets to clients (MTFs) for review and approval
The position of Credentials Coordinator will have the following requirements:
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED certificate
- At least one (1) year of administrative experience
- One to two (1-2) years of credentialing training preferred but not required
- Requires superior organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency in various computer applications, e.g. word processing, excel spreadsheet, e-mail, database management and presentation software
- Must be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage a large workload within tight deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Ability to adapt to change
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written, with an emphasis in grammar)
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Must be procedure and detail oriented, utilize excellent follow up skills, and strive for 100% accuracy
- Familiarity with modern office equipment, e.g. facsimile, copier, etc.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, and status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran. Additionally, we will make reasonable accommodations for an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran employee or applicant for employment unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship on the operation of our business.