Credit/Collection Specialist I 9/20/2017
American Fork, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Why our company is a great place to work
Join a Fortune 300 company in the growing healthcare industry and work for their largest technology division. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Dentrix Enterprise, and Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based). Our customers include many of the dental industries highest profile constituents, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
Based in American Fork, Utah, Henry Schein Practice Solutions is committed to providing our team members with the tools, training, and technology they need to excel in their roles. Our dedication to giving back to our community is illustrated in the state-of-the-art, volunteer-staffed dental center located on the first floor of our building, which provides free dental care to those in need.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical, and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 300 Company and a member of the S&P 500 and NASDAQ 100 Indices, Henry Schein employs over 20,000 Team Schein Members throughout the world and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $11.6 billion in 2016. Henry Schein has also been recognized by Ethisphere for six consecutive years as the Worlds Most Ethical Company in the Healthcare Products category, underscoring the company's longstanding commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices.
Process a high volume of invoices for payment to assigned merchandise and equipment vendors in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring specific terms of agreement are met. Match invoices to purchase orders and verify receipt of goods and/or services. Validate that all hard-copy invoices or manual transactions are scanned for future viewing and reference. Follow up with vendors, as well as TSMs on various payment processing issues such as shortages, price pends, returns chargebacks, and SPAs, and in obtaining missing invoices and credit memos. Ensure that the appropriate signature authority, dollar amount, remittance address, and general ledger entry are obtained on each invoice before processing. Obtain and reconcile vendor statements in a timely and accurate manner, resolve or escalate open items efficiently.
Makes collection calls and reviews and reduces accounts receivable accounts. Takes incoming calls from the billing queue from clients who have questions about account. Assists in mailing collection letters and other projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Handles collection functions for HSPS customers
* Call clients for past due accounts and request payment
* Collect money from delinquent accounts
* Review accounts receivable, solving problems and finding solutions to reducing total A/R
* Assists in mailing collection letters as needed
* Answers incoming calls from the billing queue
* Assist customer in researching their account
* Take credit card payments over the phone
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
* Process Expense Reports for Henry Schein Practice Solutions Employees, and oversee and insure Expense Reports adhere to the TSM Travel Policy.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for processing a high volume of invoices for payment to assigned merchandise and equipment and marketing vendors in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring specific terms of agreement are met. Invoices are processed via the 3-way match process (invoice to purchase order and verify receipt of goods and/or services). Validate that all hard-copy invoices or manual transactions are scanned for future viewing and reference. A/P Rep to obtain missing invoices or credit memos, and track invoices and shipping receipts until the order is received complete. Invoices matched having a discrepancy is assigned to the A/P Reps queue for review. Requiring knowledge of product line, the A/P Rep researches and resolves all discrepancies by following up with vendors, as well as several departmental TSMs on various invoice processing issues such as shortages, price pends, returns chargebacks, and SPAs.
* Reconcile vendor statements and investigate all open transactions. Identify and work towards resolving chargebacks for pricing, shortages, and all other discrepancies. Communicate/work closely with vendors Accounts Receivable contact to coordinate and resolve disputed items. Keep supervisor or manager informed of any conflicts or problems. Present completed reconciliation for review with supervisor.
* Ensure that appropriate signature authority, dollar amount, remittance address, and general ledger coding are obtained on each invoice before processing. Work with vendors to provide remittance information.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
* Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
* Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Minimum 1 year of credit & collections experience and general accounting experience required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics a plus. Ability to deal by phone with credit bureaus, collection agencies, and customers in friendly, courteous and expeditious manner. Detail oriented. Good communication, decision making, and organization skills required.
FULL-TIME BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
* Earn generous PTO
* Earn 7 Paid holidays
* Get evenings and weekends off!
* Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
* 401K with competitive company match
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
* Lunch delivered daily from local restaurants for purchase
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.