Critical Facilities Environment Operating Engineer 10/12/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Critical Facilities Environment Operating Engineer
Auto Req ID
To effectively and efficiently operate and maintain all Boilers, Air Compressors, Cooling Towers, Dryer Systems, HVAC, electrical systems and related equipment, providing systems control and tracking critical data internal to the UOP facility. Have the ability to support the equipment, property and perform preventative and reactive maintenance along with tenant requests.
* Support daily equipment systems support cited above
* Perform daily rounds and ensure nominal equipment operations
* Perform daily tank level rounds
* Perform routine maintenance operations
* Maintains good tenant relations through prompt and courteous response to tenant requests within the guidelines set forth by JLL.
* Performs general maintenance and operation of facilities assigned equipment.
* Monitors systems for potential problems (or existing problems) and formulates solutions to be presented to the Chief Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer or Facility Manager for appropriate action.
* Performs all maintenance per safety requirements.
* Assists in training of all personnel in operation and maintenance procedures involved within the Facilities Department.
* Reviews on a regular basis and is prepared to follow all current emergency procedures set forth by UOP Honeywell.
* Maintains ethical, professional and courteous relations with contractors.
* Acts as a team member with all employees of the management staff.
* Complies with all written JLL and regional company policies.
* Purchases parts and supplies according to company policy as directed by Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer.
* Makes adjustments and changes to HVAC and related equipment to maintain established comfort zones. These adjustments and changes must be within the guidelines set forth by the Chief Engineer and/or Assistant Chief Engineer.
* Aids in the ordering, stocking and inventory of parts and supplies as directed by the Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer.
* Participates in the inventory of supplies and parts.
* Maintains the integrity of all mechanical spaces.
* Performs preventative maintenance program duties including record keeping.
* Assumes additional responsibilities and authority as delegated by the Chief Engineer or the Assistant Chief Engineer.
SYSTEMS | ADJUSTMENTS AND EQUIPMENT CHANGES
* Boilers proper operation.
* Air Compressors operation.
* Cooling Towers operation.
* Dryers operation.
* Electrical Substations.
* Building environmental controls.
* Starts and stops equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma
* BOMA Engineering School (recommended)
* Critical Environment training
* 3 5 years of experience in building operations and maintenance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Reads and understands equipment instruction manuals.
* Writes reports using all parts of speech with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
* Computes mathematical equations on a chiller performance test.
* Communicates essential information needed for decision making.
* Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
* Identifies and resolves mechanical problems.
* Understands basic building system design and operation, i.e., fire system, domestic water system, HVAC system and electrical distribution system.
* Uses proper organizational skills and compiles appropriate information to plan and complete assigned tasks.
* Negotiates with vendors for fair prices.
* Reads blue prints.
* Produces computerized spreadsheets
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
* Visually inspect machinery and building.
* Walks up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation.
* Detects emergency alarms - auditory and/or visual.
* Window washing equipment inspections are made by examining the rig.
* Security and roof inspections are conducted on top of stairwells with no elevator service.
* Cleaning inspections require getting on hands and knees to inspect inaccessible areas.
* Climb ladders to adjust air flow and make inspections above ceiling.
* Moves fifty-five gallon drums with drum dolly.
* Carried five-gallon pails of liquids, oils, etc. up flight of stairs.
* Ability to work weekends and extended hours.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.