Customer Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 3/16/2018
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Varian currently has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Project Manager in our Proton Therapy division. In this key role, the Customer Project Manager will communicate with the Varian Proton Therapy Management team ensuring that assigned programs/projects are managed to successful completion. Responsibilities to include:
* Manage the development and implementation process of our company s Proton Therapy products and services at multiple customer sites.
* Extensive interaction with departmental or cross-functional teams such as Sales, Engineering, Product Development, Installation, and Service among others to focus on delivering existing products to PT installations.
* Monitor the project from initiation through delivery including planning schedules and monitoring budget/spending.
* Organize cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.
* Interface with Varian Proton Therapy Management team ensuring that assigned programs/ projects are managed to successful completion.
* Delegate and assign resources required to gather or create documentation to support the project execution.
* BS in an Engineering Discipline or related field of study (or equivalent experience)
* 7-10 years of experience in the medical device industry; direct experience with Proton Therapy equipment preferred
* 5+ years pf experience as Project Manager or Program Manager in a high tech industry with demonstrated success managing multi-million dollar budgets and aggressive delivery timelines with strict regulatory & quality requirements
* Familiarity with regulated industry is required
* Leadership ability to motivate teams, and drive necessary support activities through the VPT organization to ensure successful project completion
* Demonstrated skills in multinational team facilitation, meeting controls, budgeting, project risk analysis, and effective reporting
* Proven track record of learning technical design, business processes, and quality processes in order to be a technical liaison with Marketing, Engineering, Service and Manufacturing departments
* This position requires travel to different sites domestically with some international travel.
* PMP certification or equivalent certification is preferred, but not required
* Must have a " big picture' mentality and appreciation of complex, high tech systems
* Experience managing cross functional teams of technicians and engineers
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be fluent in English
* Must have strong customer service acumen
* Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Project, Visio, and rest of MS Office Suite
* Experience with MS SharePoint, Skype, ERP systems such as SAP highly preferred
When you join Varian, you re joining an organization with nearly $3 billion in annual revenue, and more than 6,500 team members across more than 30 countries. You ll be backed by a culture that is centered on fostering your creative potential, and experience the full support of an organization and leadership committed to inspiring you to do your best work. Develop technology that turns promising cancer research into leading cancer treatments. Varian continues to transform the next generation of cancer treatment through our proton therapy technology. Our state-of-the art ProBeam system delivers precise, targeted treatment directly to tumors potentially sparing the surrounding healthy tissue. When you join Varian s Particle Therapy team, you ll join one of the fastest growing businesses in this market. Your work will support the future of cancer care, as we drive adoption at treatment centers around the world.
Become part of our team
You re just one click away from the most impactful work you ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.