Customer Service & Retail Administrator 9/16/2017
Southern States Cooperative.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Performs a variety of customer service and business office functions for a Southern States agronomy, farm supply, member co-op, and/or petroleum location. This multi-level role ranges from entry-level customer support and bookkeeping to senior-level customer relations, office administration, and coordination of high volume or large revenue orders. Retail business volume and number of locations supported are factors in determining level.
Essential Job Functions (may vary based on location products and services)
- Assist management and staff, vendors, suppliers, customers, sales team, and other business partners with inquiries regarding daily operations. Provide timely information requiring knowledge of SSC policies, orders, operations and current initiatives. Communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Answer primary business phone and email account. Provide information regarding order status, product availability, services, and current initiatives.
- Contact customers via telephone to assist with issues and questions about products and services.
- Maintain web pages for location (microsites) and assist customers with their on-line portal.
- Open, sort, and distribute US mail and parcel deliveries.
Receive and process delivery tickets and work orders for a variety of products and related services. Accurately enter order information into the system and communicate details according to location/company procedures. Schedule delivery and/or service appointments for new and recurring orders.
- Effectively perform various office accounting functions and system reconciliation according to established procedures. Support accounts receivable billing. Generate and distribute invoices in a timely manner. Enter and schedule accounts payable transactions to authorized vendors and agencies. Verify incoming and outgoing invoices for accuracy and pricing. Prepare, process, verify and deliver daily bank deposits to financial institution.
- Prepare reports, spreadsheets, general correspondence, and other material. Draft timely responses to all inquiries. Proofread all materials for accuracy, spelling, grammar and layout. Ensure accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Maintain databases and master files from internal and external sources. Organize and accurately maintain large volumes of information including customer and inventory data. Regularly communicate with central office and other counterparts to ensure data integrity. Maintain confidential information relating to sales documents, transactions, and credit records. Comply with all policies and regulations regarding records storage.
- Perform checkout transactions as needed, utilizing point of sale equipment including: cash registers, hand held scanners and credit/debit card systems. Accurately handle cash and make change. May perform exchanges, returns, discounts and markdowns.
- Proactively identify opportunities to assist customers and facilitate efficient service. Assess the need for loading assistance, resolve customer pricing and merchandise inquiries, ensure merchandise is accessible to customers and offer assistance as needed.
- Support the inventory management process. Monitor inventory levels in the system. Complete inventory after-counting to confirm shortages or overages. Monitor and track inventory receiving.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and place orders as needed.
- Organize various events including conferences and meetings. Coordinate event scheduling, invitations, reservations, print materials, travel arrangements, and other event components.
- Assist management with administrative aspects of hiring and onboarding new hires and temporary staff. Coordinate the employment process with Human Resources and appropriate managers.
- Process payroll for location employees. Maintain payroll records and assist employees with general questions.
- Support employees utilizing Knowledge Master Training. Maintain database of training for compliance and development planning to ensure employees are current on required training and licensing.
- Prepare documentation for travel reimbursement and corporate credit card expenses.
- Consistently demonstrate teamwork by supporting customers and coworkers. May provide assistance with a variety of functions to support the team, including but not limited to: sales support, scheduling and dispatching, warehouse inventory, customer vehicle loading, and/or housekeeping.
- Work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, co-workers, equipment, or inventory. Comply with OSHA Regulations, Southern States Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, work rules and policies.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
LEVELS II, III, IV -- Number of locations supported, location business volume, qualifications, and requirements are factors in determining level.
Performs the above essential job functions as well as:
- For multiple locations or a single location with significant business volume: provide comprehensive customer service and order processing, sales and service support, accounting, and office administration functions. Effectively apply operational expertise to handle increasing complexity and business volume.
- Serve as liaison for external business partners (such as Asmark). Coordinate with a diverse group of industry professionals and corporate office contacts at various levels of the organization. Attend meetings and provide input on behalf of the location(s) as assigned.
- Resolve escalated and complex customer issues with skill and diplomacy. Engage appropriate counterparts for resolution as necessary.
- Assist manager with DOT Files.
- Assist with various phases of collection on accounts receivable.
- May serve as a key holder and perform related functions in accordance with safety and security policies.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.