Customer Service Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 1/17/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Job Summary: Under general supervision, this position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service through inbound and outbound telephone calls. In addition, the incumbent will work with both internal and external customers to ensure a high quality customer service experience and will strive to foster growth. This position will also maintain customer and operational files in compliance with the Ferrellgas document management policy. This position typically requires a high school diploma or GED and 1 year customer service experience.
* Handles customer service inbound and outbound telephone calls.
* Works with customers on a daily basis to sustain and improve business relationships.
* Uses fact-finding sales methods to customize Ferrellgas programs and services to meet the customer needs and strives to obtain new business.
* Welcomes walk-in customers with a warm and friendly greeting.
* Ensures accurate account setup, maintenance, and the closing of all customer account information in People Soft.
* Adheres to the delivery and service guidelines when placing orders in PeopleSoft.
* Provides first call resolution for all customer inquiries.
* Handles all customer complaints / issues by following our customer complaint resolution policy.
* Performs soft collections for customers on credit hold or past due.
* Completes assigned work lists.
* Adheres to cash handling guidelines
* Handles accounts payable, which includes Pcard monthly statement reconciliation.
* Handles BOL daily and monthly reconciliation in eGas Tracs.
* Adheres to month end inventory policy and procedures including tank inventory spreadsheet.
* Supports customer service related assignments to achieve company goals.
* High School Diploma or equivalency.
* 1 year Customer service experience.
* Basic accounting skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong typing and data entry experience.
* Proven telephone communication skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on team building and developing a positive rapport with company employees at all levels as well as customers.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Access.
* Ability to get along with others and work within a team environment.
* Genuine commitment to providing superior customer service.
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
Keywords: Customer Service, CISCO, PeopleSoft, call center, phone, propane, LP, queue