Customer Support Specialist 10/11/2017
Laerdal Medical Corp
Wappingers Falls, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This position is responsible for acting as a liaison between Customers, Sales, Technical Support, Distribution and Finance. This role is solutions driven, and requires the utmost respect for customer interactions and support. We ensure the delivery of an enhanced experience which supports Laerdals Values.
Position Holder is Accountable For:
Define accountabilities. Accountability is being answerable for the result. List the key areas, projects, implementations or applications that the individual is solely accountable for or has the primary decision-making authority. The purpose for defining these accountabilities is to clarify what the employee is accountable for and to agree exactly on the scope of authority. Accountabilities may not be applicable for all roles.
• Professionally manage incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
• Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through Siebel and QAD.
• Provide high quality service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: billing, placing print orders, and Web support.
• Troubleshoot customer issues over the phone through effective probing and identifying the root of the customer issue to effectively provide solutions that best resolve the issue.
• Use automated information systems to analyze the customer’s situation.
• Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making.
• Resolves issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
• Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience.
The Customer Service Specialist will provide high quality support to customers in response to inquiries about products and services, in addition to assisting individuals the Specialist is responsible for personal as well as team accountability to ensure the Laerdal standards of service are met with every interaction.
Describe primary responsibilities. The Responsibilities describe the most important and frequent actions that are taken by the employee in support of their role. These activities should represent approximately 80% of the time spent on the job. The intention is to provide a concise overview of the job, not to provide “how to” or “step-by-step” details.
• Place, phone, fax and e-mail orders
• Create Activities for all inbound calls in Seibel
• Enter and update Contacts in Seibel
• Distribute faxes as appropriate to ensure timely order processing
• Web Support; reviewing QQ holds and answering customer questions
• Processing of the Customer Service e-mail box; answering inquiries.
• Open New Accounts; updating Customer Master notes
• Answering inquiries regarding : invoices; shipping delivery times; product availability; general part number questions; ensuring credit policies are being followed along with reviewing of POs’ for accuracy relating to company financial and contractual obligations.
• Covering Front Desk Breaks and lunch periods.
• Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a customer service or help desk capacity required.
• Four year college degree preferred.
• Strong multi-tasking and attention to detail skills required.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to work shifts from 8am to 8pm and Saturdays.
• Effective communication skills with both internal and external customers.
• Experience with multiline telephones and online ticketing systems.
• Experience with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
• Home internet access for off-site/remote operation required.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance