Data Analytics Consultant - Long-term Care 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
Be a member of the long-term care (LTC) Claim team engaged in the transformation of the LTC business model. This role reports directly to the Vice President of LTC Claim and actively partners across the broader LTC business with the Data & Analytics, Operations, Actuarial Reserving and Finance teams. This role is responsible for interpreting data and providing actionable insights that support the active management of the Claim block.
Become a subject matter expert on claim data in LTC. Build reports, dashboards, and metrics using Alteryx and Tableau data visualization software analyses in support of Claim reporting, monitoring and process improvement needs for our new operating model. Innovate and own reporting, data and systems management with guidance and direction from our LTC Data & Analytics team. Develop relationships and fill reporting and analysis needs of the LTC Claim team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
* Performs moderately complex modeling for the purpose of quantifying the performance of the Claim team and evaluating operational changes. Reports findings to business partners and may make recommendations to management.
* Interprets data and identifies relevant analyses, Monitors trends over time and provides actionable insights that support the active management of the claim block.
* Determines possible solutions using technical experience, judgment, and precedents.
* Builds dashboards (using excel and/or Proprietary Software) and prepares reports for business partners and/or Management.
* Identifies opportunities to leverage new IT solutions in support of analytics and reporting objectives.
* Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction, provides informal guidance to new team members.
* Actively partner with LTC Hub & Spoke Data & Analytics team and may partner with other analytical teams across the organization and/or participate in special projects.
* Champion the adoption and continued use of new data consumption tools (e.g. Tableau)
* Responds to and fulfills ad hoc data requests.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Manager or above
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Strong business acumen including technical knowledge of statistical, financial, and economic concepts, which may include a specialty area.
2. Solid knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau and other business related software.
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues. Demonstrates attention to detail.
4. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNAs internal and external business partners.
5. Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, manage time and resources to accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
6. Solid project management skills and strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage work deliverables/projects effectively.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related field.
2. Typically a minimum of four years of related work experience.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Organization: FIN Long Term Care
Job Posting: Sep 18, 2017
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.