Data Center Critical Facilities Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 1/25/2018
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Data Center Critical Facilities Manager
Auto Req ID
The Facilities Manager (FM) functions as the professional-in-charge of the asset under management and is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction. Of specific importance is achieving stated financial results and operating objectives (capital improvements, system enhancements, tenant satisfaction, etc.) The Facilities Manager is responsible for working directly with the team / client to ensure a thorough understanding of its investment objectives and the development of acceptable property-specific strategic and operating capital plans. Once developed and approved, the FM must oversee the implementation of approved initiatives and programs by managing and coordinating the efforts of the property team (i.e. day-today operations, vendors, contractors and Jones Lang LaSalle employees).
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the management, supervision and professional development of all building personnel (i.e. Facility Coordinator, Chief Engineer and staff). Additionally, the FM is responsible for representing JLL in the local and regional business and real estate community in order to promote JLL s reputation and capabilities to prospective tenants and clients.
* Manages day-to-day operations per the JLL MSA related to Client interactions with; local JLL support team, construction / maintenance planning and reporting activities, Client s technical service manager (TSM), project manager, third party support under JLL management, contractors / vendors performing work in a critical space, and third party landlord as applicable.
* Manages contracts for services of snow removal, janitorial maintenance, landscaping, parking lot maintenance, exterior lamping or other interior/exterior services as applicable to Client/JLL service agreement.
* Assures compliance with JLL Management audit programs; IRGA, EOPM, ESCP, etc., site policies, procedures and standard practices. Works with Assistant FM and team on alignment and delivery.
* Leads staff reporting directly to FM, e.g. Assistant Facilities Manager, Coordinators, Engineers, 3rd party contractors / vendors, and/or temporary services. Provide on-site support as required to support and manage work efforts. Work with Chief Engineer to prioritize and assign duties that align with client/JLL goals and objectives (i.e. repairs & maintenance, project planning and implementation, renovation efforts, energy conservation, safety goals, etc.)
* Establishes written Individual Performance Measurement Plan s (IPMP s) for employees reporting directly to FM. Develops training programs and career path for Jones Lang LaSalle employees and assures succession planning.
* Makes periodic tours of the interior/exterior of the site to document findings on a building inspection form, as applicable. Inspects facilities and equipment to ensure standards are being maintained as per client agreement.
* Manages local client control policies and procedures, change control process ITSM, MOP Process / authorization, REPAC, Incident management, problem management, compliance with core Data Center and/or assigned critical environments.
* Oversees 360 Facility reactive work orders / facility service requests (FSR) at the site level. Proactively meets with tenant representatives on a scheduled basis. Monitors effectiveness of 360 Facility operations to ensure all client needs are being met.
* Manages goals and objectives that align with accounts KPI glide path at the site level. Works with team on alignment and delivery. Is proficient in understanding the annual client Key Performance Indicator s (KPI s) and ensures continual compliance to meet or exceed these goals.
* Manages the site office space; add, moves, changes (move-in/move-out), process to minimize disruption to building occupants, e.g. Belleville and MCC (6 buildings totaling 600,000 sq. ft.).
* Ensures customer satisfaction, discuss any recommended changes to the overall program and the financial impact they may have on facilities operations. Work with ROM / team on results / expectations.
* Manages the site operating budget (OPEX and CAPEX) documentation and works with ROM on submitting the final budget plan. Works with the JLL Financial Manager to prepare the final budget documentation and implements final budget plan.
* Reviews and updates financial reports, with assistance from the Financial Manager, to incorporate into monthly, quarterly and annual financial tracking process.
* Manages, prepares and submit for bidding all vendor agreements as applicable and in compliance with Client/JLL requirements. Works with Sourcing Manager / ROM regarding contract scope reductions/changes as applicable and in compliance with Client/JLL requirements.
* Oversees periodic inventory of critical parts supplies, building supplies and other site property as applicable. Respond to emergency calls outside normal working hours site level.
* Supervises subcontractor Access Control, security, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent facilities work experience.
* 10 + years facilities experience; critical site/data center operations, a major plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrated leadership skills in managing people and customers.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
* Strong strategic thinker and planner with the ability to attain short and long term objectives.
* Proven organizational skills to manage complex operations effectively.
* Strong judgment, problem solving and crises management skills.
* Fundamental skills and understanding of critical systems needed to support Data Center and other critical facility operations (i.e. emergency generators, UPS, power distribution systems, HVAC, Life Safety systems, etc.)
* Technically proficient in operations of Building Management Systems, Life Safety Systems, CMMS, Microsoft Office, Power Point, Visio & Microsoft Office software.
* Extensive electrical, mechanical & plumbing knowledge of commercial facilities with a very strong background in critical data center operations.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 65162BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity,