Data & Insight Analyst 9/20/2017
Cotiviti USA, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Data & Insight Analyst is responsible for architecting and developing best-in-class and innovative analytics and reporting solutions. This role will have responsibility for establishing, running, and sustaining processes and practices that support Big Data, Analytics, and Reporting solutions and applications in an Open Source environment. The Data & Insight Analyst should have a passion for data, working with business people, and creating solutions and driving value with a keen interest in mentoring and elevating other technical resources. This role will spend time working independently and as part of a team and will focus on specific deadlines in an Agile development process as defined by the management team.
* Architect and hands-on development of Analytics and Reporting solutions
* Implementing and configuring reporting technologies like Tableau and Microstrategy
* Proficient with SQL for databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MySQL
* Architect, design, build and integrate solutions using Hadoop and other big data tools such as: Scala/Spark, R, Pig, etc. This also includes redesigning existing reports for enhanced utility and usability.
* Managing the day-to-day activities of the Analytics Center of Excellence, which is tasked with delivering data-driven recommendations by applying analytics within a Hadoop environment
* Drive automation capabilities into reporting solutions
* Establish credibility and strong working relationship with development teams to review design and code for adherence to established standards and best practices
* Deliver using an Agile development process
* Maintain our repository and other relevant documentation
* Consulting skills strong enough to work with clients on their analytic needs
What we re looking for:
* 2+ years experience in advanced analytics
* 2+ years experience delivering actionable insights from data
* Experience in typical and big data analytics environments
* Experience with business intelligence (data visualization and dashboarding, Tableau, etc)
* Experience with multiple scripting languages (Scala, R, Python, etc.)
* Experience with SQL syntax for multiple databases (e.g., standard SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
* Experience in Agile environment
* Experience with healthcare billing and coding
* Out of the box thinking and creativity are essential
* Understands claims data, how data is stored in analytical platforms, and how to use and apply claims data in the validation of payment accuracy concepts and other projects.
* Knowledge and ability to use Statistical methodology to solve business problems
* Ability to understand, generate and evaluate healthcare utilization, unit cost and medical cost trends. This includes understanding levers that effect healthcare cost, such as contracting, networks, policies, benefit structures, and product design. Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on financial data
* Ability to actively and skillfully conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and/or evaluate information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action
* Ability to make recommendations with authority to other departments or individuals (acting as clients)
* Has an understanding of the basic tenets of health insurance, the managed care model, Commercial, Medicare & Medicaid rules, industry coding/policy standards, the claim adjudication process, and issues related to fraud waste and abuse; Ability to apply this knowledge to the development & evaluation of new initiatives and lead the team strategy toward best practices. OR, Developing and maintaining and understanding of the basic tenets of retail auditing and our clients to develop and evaluate new initiatives and best practices
* Ability to appropriately summarize and effectively communicate complex concepts & varied data sets to inform stakeholders, gain approval, or prompt actions; Applies to multiple audiences ranging from the analyst to executive level; Includes oral & written communication and multimedia presentation
* We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* Cotiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation..
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.