Data Intelligence Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 1/10/2018
Cambia Health Solutions
Data Intelligence Consultant
Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
Cambia Health Solutions is working to create a seamless and frictionless health care experience for consumers nationwide. This presents a unique challenge and opportunity for innovative solutions.
The Data Intelligence Consultant will execute and implement the strategic plans and vision for the Business Intelligence functions at Cambia. Drives the development of Data Intelligence visualizations, business layers, dashboards, reports and datamarts; works across various business owners to craft solutions to meet their information needs.
Your professional experience and education should include:
* Strong communication and facilitation skills with all levels of the organization, including the ability to resolve complex issues, build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders, manage strategic partner relationships, and effectively lead and engage internal teams in the fulfillment of roles and responsibilities.
* Knowledge of healthcare and health insurance industry trends and technologies.
* Demonstrated strategic planning and analytical ability to identify and resolve problems.
* Demonstrated experience in business process re-engineering or process improvements is desirable.
* Strong experience designing and presenting complex data sets in visually compelling formats.
* Advanced skills in working with business intelligence visualization tools such as Tableau, or experience with other data discovery, visualization, and/or infographic technologies (e.g. Alteryx, Talend, etc.)
* Possesses an intellectual curiosity for data and how it can be used to drive insights.
* Passion for transforming large amount of data into compelling visual stories to facilitate analysis and decision-making.
* Working knowledge of project management principles.
* Must be able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs.
* Ability to oversee definition and documentation of business requirements with non-technical, business personnel, and translation of those requirements into a technical solution.
* Ability to develop common solutions and acceptable compromises for business users with conflicting Business Intelligence needs.
* Expert in defining, implementing, automating, and monitoring KPIs.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services.
* Proficiency with SQL is required. Experience with other data manipulation technology is helpful.
* Experience working with large, multi-dimensional data sets is required. Familiarity with Big data/databases is desirable.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
The Data Intelligence Consultant would have a Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research or an equivalent related field and 10+ years job-related work experience including 4+ years prior work experience in healthcare and healthcare business processes; or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
You will have responsibilities for the following:
* Provides team leadership and creativity in the planning and implementation of the EBI strategy and assembles teams, assigns individual responsibilities, identifies appropriate resources and provide guidance and direction to project team members.
* Coordinates the collaborative support between AI Office teams, other DTS teams, and vendors. Ensures support is delivered in a service related manner to all customers.
* Keeps familiar with the latest developments in medical management programs, cost containment strategies, medical technology, and market conditions as they relate to healthcare.
* Applies knowledge of how various departments within the organization work together to make the company run effectively.
* Work with business stakeholders to identify the information needs and develop reporting solutions.
* Craft solution and roadmap for Data Intelligence solutions to provide seamless access to information from various reporting, BI and data discovery tools.
* Lead the design and creation of visualizations of new high-impact visual applications to make data actionable and facilitate decision making for the business.
* Expected deliverables can include, but are not limited to, requirement analysis, system analysis, system design, data models, program design, source code development, test case development, testing and documentation.
* Position facilitates implementation and maintenance of a technological framework that will support the work of Cambia functional areas, specifically that of Project Management, Vendor Management and Data-Oriented Software Engineering.
* Manages, and integrates BI systems and tools, components, and services from third-party vendors, consultants, and contractors.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.