Data Reporting Analyst Senior
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 10/7/2017
Cambia Health Solutions
The SR Data Reporting Analyst serves as a data and analytic consultant for functional business areas by collecting and analyzing operation and financial data. Presents findings on any trends and assists business leaders with forecasting in support of evidence based decision making.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
* Provides analytical support to any or all divisions of the organization by mining data, conducting analysis, and interpreting results related to business needs.
* Develops methodologies and approaches to new tasks and projects through design and development of analytical models and reports.
* Proactively identify issues and concerns to management.
* Develops knowledge of health plan operations, health plan data sources and structures, and cost containment strategies.
* Identifies problems or needed changes, recommends resolution, and participates in quality improvement efforts.
* Identifies needed reporting, assembles or directs the assembly of reports and distributes such information.
* Performs acceptance testing of new reports, programs and models.
* Documents business requirements and methods used to generate work output.
* Drives analytic innovation and best practices within Cambia.
* Actively identifies and eliminates inefficient or ineffective use of resources and provides recommendation on process improvements.
Additional Senior Responsibilities:
* Oversees and directs analysts on a project basis, and assists in the training of staff as it relates to these projects.
* Leads meetings with internal and external constituents.
* Designs, develops, and directs the performance of acceptance testing of new reports, programs and models.
Data Reporting Analyst Sr. would have a bachelor s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, computer science or related field and 7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competencies and Knowledge:
Keen analytical and problem solving skills.
Proven ability to document business requirements.
Solid oral and written communication skills.
Advanced knowledge of health plan operations, data sources, data structures within business area.
Knowledge of data mining tools and methods (SAS, OLAP) including server reporting services (SPSS, Minitab, Tableau).
Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods. (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal)
Proven ability to design and develop reporting tools and dashboards.
Business sense (finance, accounting, economics, risk management, public health economics, social service research or epidemiology).
Ability to organize, plan and prioritize assignments within multiple projects.
Must be able to work with minimal direction and be very flexible to coordinate complex activities that are often subject to rapid or extensive changes.
Highly advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
Progressively responsible work experience in leadership roles.
Ability to represent the division visibly in internal meetings as a leadership presence.
Demonstrated success with project management.
Advanced knowledge of data mining tools and methods (SAS, OLAP).
Advanced knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods. (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal).
Well-developed business sense (finance, accounting, economics, risk management, public health economics, social service research or epidemiology).
Proven ability to perform and manage difficult tasks without management assistance.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 90 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.