Data Science Clinical Analytics Internship 10/10/2017
Cambia Health Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Data Science Clinical Analytics Internship
This full-time internship is scheduled to begin in May/June 2018
We are seeking to identify candidates for future full-time employment from this internship experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
The Data Science Clinical Analytics Intern will contribute to our team s focus on designing, developing, and implementing data-driven clinical solutions using advanced statistical analyses. Our small agile team draws from the background of our team members to deliver insightful expertise with the goal of delivering data-driven clinical solutions across the organization.
In addition to quantitative and clinical mastery, the ideal candidate will assist our team by effectively working with business partners to identify problems, design novel solutions, interpret and communicate analytical results to varied audiences, and provide analytic support for companywide process improvement efforts.
Job Expectations and Activities:
* Research, design, develop, and implement data driven solutions using advanced statistical methods
* Work as a key part of cross-functional teams with various customer groups to study business cases, identify business problems and formulate desired outcomes and solutions
* Assess existing and identify new sources of data relevant to the problems being investigated, apply statistical data quality procedures to new data sources
* Generate and test working hypotheses: aggregate and mine data, conduct analyses, and extract actionable results
* Perform data studies and discovery around new data sources or new uses for existing sources by designing and building large and complex data sets
* Collect, measure, and interpret process performance data; using tools such as Pareto charts, flow charts, process maps, Cause and Effect diagrams, scatter plots, histograms, and control charts
* Perform statistical analyses with existing data sets. From results, create visual representations and summary reports of data findings in a variety of formats. Create influential dashboards and presentations that use information to influence senior leadership on business trends and strategies.
* Prepare and present regular and ad-hoc analysis to internal audiences involved with decisions
Key Qualifications and Experience:
* Strong educational background in healthcare fields
* Experience in working with cross-functional team during full project life cycle
* Possess the ability to think creatively and demonstrate analytical skills, analyzing complex situations both alone and as part of a team, learning quickly and synthesizing solutions, options and action plans
* Understanding of advanced analytics (e.g., statistics, simulation, optimization) and methods such as time series analysis, longitudinal and cross-sectional analysis, and life-event modeling
* Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret qualitative data (research, feedback) and incorporate such insights into quantitative analyses
* Practical ability to visualize data and analytical results, and excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate and communicate with a broad array of internal and external contacts
* Experience with at least one statistical/analytical programming tool (R, Python, SAS , etc.)
* Coursework or practical experience developing analytical models and algorithms
* Demonstrated ability to apply quantitative analysis techniques to business situations including forecasting, descriptive statistics, statistical inference, and multivariate modeling techniques
* Strong facilitation skills, including the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders
* Proven ability to provide analysis and data interpretation in support of strategy development, program implementation and evaluation
* Currently enrolled through spring 2018 in a graduate program focused on Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Econometrics, Engineering, Healthcare-related fields, Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics, Product Management, Statistics, or related graduate degree program
* Minimum 3.0 cumulative undergraduate grade point average
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.