Data Scientist (2018 Internship)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/7/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
This summer intern will work with data scientists and data engineers in the investigation and maturation of data-driven solutions utilizing Python, R, and other data science tools. Focus areas are Structured and Unstructured data relating to police officer, firefighter, dispatcher, and other roles, as well as associated tasks and duties. Data sources are wide-ranging, including Body worn cameras, Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) crime incident records, Smart City (IoT) data, Audio from firefighters radios, Handset location data, and other agency-specific and open data inputs.
Projects include research of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and other structured and unstructured data analytics technologies, detailed analysis of new and existing solutions, and implementation of prototype designs for customer feedback and eventual product development.
Projects may include aligning next generation user experience visions to available and/or emerging technologies.
Projects will include overall design, implementation, system integration, and test/evaluation efforts towards technology feasibility.
Role requires a strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time.
* Currently pursuing a PhD; major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics with a graduation date on or after September 1st.
* Strong oral and written communication skills are absolutely required.
* Data Science and Data Engineering skills and experience are required.
* Strong Mathematics and Statistical background.
* Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems.
* Ability to work collaboratively.
* Knowledge of the following highly desired: Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc) is also highly desired.
* Working knowledge of the following is also a plus: Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Image, Video, and/or Audio processing, Radio Network Architectures, User Interface design and implementation, and Data Visualization techniques and tools (Kibana, etc).
* The candidate must be highly self-motivated with a desire to explore new approaches and technologies in a fast-paced group.
* Currently pursuing a PhD; major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics with a graduation date on or after September 1st
* Data Science and Data Engineering skills with strong Mathematics and Statistical background
Motorola Solutions, Inc. (MSI) aspires to help our First Reponder, Public Safety, Government, and Industrial customers be their best in the moments that matter . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DONetk72GI4
MSI s Chief Technology Office s Data Analytics team matures breakthrough data science and data engineering technology solutions and drives proof of concept realizations that result in customer excitement by turning data into information, information into insights, and insights into action.
As a member of the Data Analytics team, you will work with industry leaders to implement end-to-end use cases for first responders, bringing to life analytics capabilities that help save lives. The Data Analytics team is responsible for the successful investigation, development, execution and proliferation of data science, machine learning, predictive models and other related analytics and software technologies to be used inside and outside of MSI. The Data Analytics team is looking for interns who are passionate and proactive about building insightful data-driven solutions.
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions innovations, products and services play essential roles in people s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.