Data Steward Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 1/26/2018
Brown Brothers Harriman
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Data Steward Manager is responsible for strategically managing assigned data entities across a specified portion of the enterprise and ensuring high levels of data quality, integrity, availability, trustworthiness and data security. This leadership role is responsible for strategy development, policy implementation, assessment and coordination of high value business solutions. The Enterprise Data Steward devises, directs and oversees the implementation of data strategies, vision and management processes to effectively govern the bank's enterprise data including the establishment of enterprise data governance and stewardship, data policies and standards and the implementation of clearly defined data definitions for use across the bank.This role will yield protocols to establish and maintain consistent data definitions, business and technical rules and operating models, and monitoring and auditing data quality. The Data Steward emphasizes the business value of data, fosters the goal of data re-use and articulates the significance of information to the organization.
PROGRAM DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE MANAGEMENT
* Leading the Data Stewardship function across the enterprise, including policy implementation, strategy development and solution delivery.
* Implement standardized governance and stewardship "tools" including business requirements documents, data lineage work flows, data definition formats, etc. for use across the bank by all key stakeholders.
* Establish Data Stewards for each data subject, business area and/or domainand coordinate them to achieve defined goals
* Develop and maintain data flow architecture for various lines of business / projects within the organization.
* Set formal standards, policies and processes regarding data stewardship, governance and management
* Ensure there is a consistent standard data dictionary and data definition for each data subject.
* Work with the Data Quality team to maintain data quality related standards, policies and procedures to minimize risk derived from bad data and to ensure the bank's finance, risk and compliance data meets following characteristics, including but not limited to: accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance and completeness
* Direct cross functional development, definition and implementation of the Firm s enterprise data strategy, vision, roadmap and standards.
* Establish formal protocols for the review and sign off projects, solution design, and change requests for alignment with long-term data strategy.
* Lead Data Stewardship Council including regular meetings, trainings and knowledge sharing.Identify and coordinate resolution of misaligned data definitions, understanding or practices.
* Engage leadership to communicate/inform management on matters pertaining to Data Stewardship, interpret related legal, regulatory and other external requirements for the control of data, assess business needs and capabilities and interpret results, and provide high value and impactful solutions to business opportunities and/or challenges.
* Aid in the creation, management and facilitation of processes to identify and understand the critical data issues in terms of business impact/risk/opportunity and ensure data policy enforcement and compliance
* Create metrics to measure data quality targets and conduct policy reviews to ensure procedures and metrics are effective.
* Design and direct monitoring, reporting and oversight programs to ensure adherence to data policies, standards and practices
* Assess business needs and capabilities and interpret results; provide high value and impactful solutions to business opportunities and/or challenges.
* Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering or Information Systems, or equivalent direct business experience
* MBA or other related graduate level degree desirable.
* 10+ years of experience in enterprise data management, preferably at a financial institution.
* Experience in establishing and leading Data Governance and Stewardship programs: heavy emphasis on developing and implementing Enterprise Data Strategy, Data policies, standards, practices, and procedures that lead to substantive improvements in data integrity.
* Proven ability to coordinate cross functional teams of IT professionals, business executives, and other key stakeholders towards common goals and objectives.
* Demonstrated ability to inform, interpret, assess and deliver high value business solutions to overcome challenges and/or recognize opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.